The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 18:44:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Weber DCNF problem/strange symptoms when starting warm engine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Weber DCNF problem/strange symptoms when starting warm engine  (Read 11008 times)
Pedalpusher

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 07:14:28 am »

I run 4 pole bosch plugs, these BOSCH 0 242 132 501.

I can verify the volt reading on my coil at some point but I think it's not that what's wrong with it.

I like the way how the DCNFs are making the car to behave. No flat spots etc. what I have experienced with other carbs.
Torben Alstrup

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 20:20:07 pm »

What happens is that you are partly (and not deliberately) flooding the engine.
It will not solve the problem completely, but itusually makes it much better:

Run the eælectrical power directly from the battery via a relay and use the wire from the key only as a control circuit. That way you get maximum voltage to the coil at all times. 1 extra volt at the coil makes a tremendeus difference in spark capacity and will help the engine "clear" itself much faster if not immediately.

You can do an easy test if you are in doubt if it´ll help you or not.  Make a wire that will hook up easy to the alternator and over to the coil.  Next time youre out getting groceries start it and drive normal. Then when you get ready to leave the grocery store, hook the coil up directly to the alternator and start. Then you can get a rather immediate sense of whether there is a difference or not. My bet is that there is. (DO REMEMBER that now you can´t turn the engine off with the key, but will have to kill it in gear and on the brakes or unhook the wire again of course.)

T
alex d

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 14:52:52 pm »

something like this: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=532757 should be pretty easy to try
Martin S.

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 16:14:43 pm »

I posted this earlier, but this fuel pump incorporates a relief valve like what they are talking about in the samba thread.
I'm using these now instead of the cheap ones on all my stock fuel pump engines.
https://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D113%2D127%2D025%2DDOE

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: