The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:12:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Moving from DRLAs to IDAs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Moving from DRLAs to IDAs  (Read 2164 times)
StewRat

« on: June 05, 2018, 15:29:38 pm »

Got DRLAs now, hoping to move to IDAs.

Will I need new linkage?

If so what's recommended?

Thanks

Stewart

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

The Stew Rat build thread http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,25365.0.html
leec

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 16:44:02 pm »

What linkage do you currently have?
Lee
DWL_Puavo

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 20:27:35 pm »

Hexbar and Tayco-style are not exchangable as the the plate that bolts to carb's top are different.

For other usual linkages (Berg, centermount), you may need different throttle levers if the carbs don't have ones that are compatible with your linkage. For Berg, maybe also different lenght vertical bars if the manifolds are of different height.

As for other linkages, I've heard that Logmech's linkage is a good one ( http://logmech.se/eng/products/carburator/throttlecontrol-cable-kits/ )
Neil Davies

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 01:06:21 am »

Stewart, I've got a complete hex bar linkage at the unit. When I sold my IDAs the buyer didn't want the linkage so I'll dig it out if you want?

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
StewRat

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 21:25:57 pm »

Stewart, I've got a complete hex bar linkage at the unit. When I sold my IDAs the buyer didn't want the linkage so I'll dig it out if you want?

Thanks all

Hi Neil
It's hex bar I have just now but it came in a job lot box of parts and isn't in best condition.

I don't have any news on the IDA's yet so it maybe academic.
On the other hand, if what you have is in better nick than mine and I could use it on the DRLAs worst case, then it might be worth a wee upgrade.
I'l ping you a PM about it.

Might wait until tomorrow night as I'm planning to race at Crail tomorrow and I may well have bigger gremlins to wrestle by the time I get back!

thanks

Stewart

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

The Stew Rat build thread http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,25365.0.html
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: