The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 23:51:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Empi bumper bars...... a quick question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Empi bumper bars...... a quick question  (Read 1834 times)
jick

« on: March 10, 2018, 00:02:15 am »

So I have a pair of original old bumper bars, and I've had a couple of sets of the repro ones in the past, so I'm pretty familiar with them, but I'd like to know what other VWs they were made for........ I have an old curved one that's about 40cm wider than a Beetle rear version,  it doesn't line up to a type 3, the proportions are more Bus sized?  But I've never heard of or seen bus ones?

Any thoughts??

nicolas

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 09:03:53 am »

So I have a pair of original old bumper bars, and I've had a couple of sets of the repro ones in the past, so I'm pretty familiar with them, but I'd like to know what other VWs they were made for........ I have an old curved one that's about 40cm wider than a Beetle rear version,  it doesn't line up to a type 3, the proportions are more Bus sized?  But I've never heard of or seen bus ones?

Any thoughts??

does it say 1500 or 1600 (from memory) on the back, stamped. i have type3 ones and they are wider and the edges are more round, also thicker. and the holes are slotted.
nicolas

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 06:40:48 am »

RA 1600 is what both my front and back one say (stamped at the back). did you find out more about yours?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: