The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 23:55:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351086 Posts in 28639 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  55/6 Swedish Oval with 1776, plus original 1200 and other parts included
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 55/6 Swedish Oval with 1776, plus original 1200 and other parts included  (Read 2888 times)
Osborne_Cox

« on: April 04, 2018, 18:52:27 pm »

Currently running:

1776cc engine with genuine (European) twin Weber 40s. All brand new quality parts bought and built by Daz Chandler of Aircooled Performance. (Build sheet available.)
Brand new heavy-duty Rancho gearbox.
Gene Berg shifter.
Adjustable front axle.
12 Volt conversion. Painstaking wiring revision (all joints crimped and soldered and covered in heat shrink).
Working 12v semaphores, backed up by Led lights/incorporated indicators in rear... wiring in place for front indicators if wanted.
Autometer Sportcomp tachometer with adjustable shift light, mounted via a Californian-made Fastfab mount.
BBT GT Sprintstars.
Disc front brakes.

The car also comes with:
Original, working 1200 engine. (The engine was in the car when I bought it 2012, and saw the car through it’s MOT.)
Original gear box. (As above.)
Original front axle.
Original Swedish rear wings with gravel guards (currently running accurate fibreglass reproductions, since I didn’t want to drill any holes for lights in the originals).
Original gear lever.
(It still has the original glass water bottle for the windscreen wash system... quite rare now I’m told.)

It took my 18 months to find a car this structurally solid (the pan is gloss black, no underseal, rust-free - either stainless or zinc - bolts etc. Please contact me for full details, files of photos, engine build sheet etc etc.

The car's advertised elsewhere at £16,995... but I'm open to offers at the moment as there's another car I want to buy so need garage space/funds.

Some photos here: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2156588

brewsy

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 22:24:20 pm »

Lovely car Osborne but a bit dear for me...

Grin
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 20:47:06 pm by Trond Dahl » Logged
brewsy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 22:29:35 pm »

Apologies to mess up Osbornes thread..

Can a Moderator please delete the extra pics?

Ta
Osborne_Cox

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 22:57:00 pm »

As I said at the top, open to offers at the moment! I need the funds/space for another car, so drop me a PM if you want to see (lots of) photos, full spec, engine build sheet, list of extra items that come with the car. Cheers.
Osborne_Cox

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 09:31:21 am »

Thanks Brewsy! Just spotted the error (and fixed it)!
Osborne_Cox

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 16:53:58 pm »

Reduced to £14,000. (Something else I want to buy.)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: