The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 21:42:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  Mullocks auction. Bust of Adolf Hitler to commemorate the opening of VW 1938
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mullocks auction. Bust of Adolf Hitler to commemorate the opening of VW 1938  (Read 2073 times)
Baz54

« on: June 01, 2018, 00:02:25 am »

Hi, I receive emails from the Salesroom web site and have used it over a number of years.
I sometimes search Volkswagen just to see what comes up. To my astonishment this came up in a search today.
A brass bust of A Hitler to commemorate the opening of the VW factory 26th May 1938.
Obviously it has the usual KDF logos  and can offend some, it's not my thing but as the description states,it's of great historical relevance. Auction is on 14th June in the UK.
This is the item description.:-
 Brass Bust of Adolf Hitler – to commemorate the opening of the Volkswagen factory on 26 May 1938. Presented at the Laying of Volkswagen’s First Factory and numbered 1 out of 20, the busts were probably issued to high ranking Nazi officers involved with the Volkswagen company. The inscription reads ‘Laying of the foundation stone 26 May 1938 For the City of the KdF cars by our superior German Leader Adolf Hitler Honorary Citizen of Fallersleben 1938’. Height 30cm approx., weight 3.7kg, marked 1/20, marked A. B, 1938 to side, probably added at a later date, nonetheless this is a piece of great historical relevance
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: