The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 20:04:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350676 Posts in 28571 Topics by 6818 Members
Latest Member: Mk-Zero
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Riverias
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Riverias  (Read 2938 times)
flatfire

« on: May 20, 2018, 15:13:27 pm »

I quite like the fat lip riverias, I am constantly looking at nice alternative cal look wheels. I have always wondered why the manufacturers of riverias never thought about Porsche pattern. The wheel would have looked cleaner without the need to balance the five spoke 4 bolt pattern with a series of countersunk holes.  Just a thought  Smiley
Neil Davies

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 18:20:12 pm »

Peter, you've just set yourself a challenge. Weld up the holes in the middle and have the wheels redrilled to 5x130!

It is a good point though, as to why a five spoke wheel was designed for a four stud car?

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
flatfire

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 15:48:50 pm »

I have investigated that already Neil. I don't think it would be a road going wheel with the amount of heat and distortion  Smiley
Although I could buy an old wheel and make up a dummy to see what it would look like. Just for fun. No doubt there are smarter people than me who could do a photoshop Porsche riveria.
Nikov

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 21:56:42 pm »

Got a set with tyres sat in my kitchen taking up space 😉
Critter1

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 04:56:43 am »

I bought a set a few years back for the sole purpose of welding and redrilling to 5x130. I’ve searched and searched for a shop that would do the fill & drill. NO-ONE will take it on, unfortunately.
You can see the back side would require quite of bit of welding in the voids. They're definitely heavy wheels being aluminum and steel. I think I'll find the right shop to do it eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:00:43 am by Critter1 » Logged
flatfire

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 16:15:33 pm »

I bought a set a few years back for the sole purpose of welding and redrilling to 5x130. I’ve searched and searched for a shop that would do the fill & drill. NO-ONE will take it on, unfortunately.
You can see the back side would require quite of bit of welding in the voids. They're definitely heavy wheels being aluminum and steel. I think I'll find the right shop to do it eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wish someone would forget about the holes and create a blank. Smiley I think they would look great.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: