The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:30:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Hello from BugBusBuggy....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello from BugBusBuggy....  (Read 1923 times)
BugBusBuggy

« on: August 21, 2018, 14:07:20 pm »

Well, I thought my first post should really be an introduction!
I'm Dave, aka BugBusBuggy, and despite the name, I only have the bug left. I used to own a '73 UK Manx and a '72 Devon T2, but these have gone on to new homes, leaving me with the Bug.
She started life as a Chinchilla grey 1200 basic back in '68. I've owned her for the last 27 years (yes, 27 years!) or so, and I'd known the car about 6 years before that. She was my first car, and daily driver for about 6 years, but she's been on and off the road for a fair chunk of the last 20 years as a resto company that had her went bust and I was lucky to get her back, albeit in bits, and life kind of got in the way, but she's now back on the road (MOT passed last week) as a rolling resto as I finish off interior and some bodywork.
She's now looking more '67 than '68, with '67 front and rear bodywork and doors... still in Chinchilla grey, got a 2276 with twin Dell 48s, so she's pretty nippy when the mood takes, stock height rear, a set of sprintstars and a 2" narrowed front, lowered to give that 'head down' stance. Hopefully, 'cal-look' enough for this place....I'll post up some pics when I can, but in the meanwhile, it's a 'hello' from me.

If it breaks (and it probably will).... it's time for an upgrade...
Richierich56

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 18:12:14 pm »

Welcome Dave. From the description of the car, was it you that bought my ignition system? Rich
BugBusBuggy

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 18:45:07 pm »

Hi Rich,
Yes, that was me. It's all on the car and working a treat! Just off into the garage to make a start on fitting a new header and the bumpers I also got off you.
Hope you're well!
Dave.

If it breaks (and it probably will).... it's time for an upgrade...
Richierich56

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 22:40:46 pm »

Ah good, glad to hear you got it in and it's all good. Rich
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: