The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 20:13:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  48DRLA’s, Manifold, Linkage, and Filters [SOLD]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 48DRLA’s, Manifold, Linkage, and Filters [SOLD]  (Read 1598 times)
Deanodynosaurs

« on: August 20, 2018, 01:36:04 am »

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Very difficult to find pair of 48 DRLA’s, complete with trumpets, linkage, filters, and manifolds.

These have been completely stripped down, cleaned, and rebuilt. All the gaskets o-rings have been replaced as has the pump diaphragms, and the spindle bearings. One of the carb’s has also had the throttle shafts replaced as the original was twisted (VW ones are no longer available so an Alfa one was adapted). There is no play in either of the throttle shafts. Although the carbs were originally inline carbs, as the photos show they have custom made linkage arms to work on a VW setup. For the spec (jet sizes etc see below)

The carbs come with trumpets and filters, as well as a pair of CB Performance manifolds (These have had some porting) and a CB hex bar linkage kit. There are a few small missing components from the linkage (hex bar centring springs, and a pair of linkage drop arms). The air filters are also missing the top plate fixing studs and wing nuts. All are cheaply available from Dellorto.

Although the carbs are in pretty good shape for their age there are a few things to note (what do you expect for old carbs!). Firstly, the small gallery caps which are pressed in at the factory have been glued in/ covered in glue, and secondly, the fuel intake on one carb has been chemical metaled in. This was how I brought them but I have been told they never leaked, and neither reacted to carb cleaner, so there pretty resilient.

Despite having nearly £200 of receipts for parts on these, due to the above issues, and the fact i’ve got nothing to use them on I am selling these for £700.

P.S. If you think that expensive look at the price of a set on Dellorto.co.uk. They don’t even stock 48’s, and a pair of 45’s without manifolds and linkage are £1300!!

Specifications
Main jets 185
Main Emulsion Tube 9164.3
Main Air corrector 200
Idle Jets 55
Pump Jets 55
Starter Emulsion tube 7482.3
Starter Jet 08
Needle valve 150 and 225 (These are mismatched)
Venturi 42mm (these have been custom machined)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 10:30:06 am by Deanodynosaurs » Logged

Garrick Clark

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 12:16:52 pm »

p.m'd ya

Air cooled Engine builder
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: