The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 19:04:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  No Prep nationals 3 @ rockingham with the cabrio
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: No Prep nationals 3 @ rockingham with the cabrio  (Read 5090 times)
richie

« on: August 28, 2018, 20:43:57 pm »

I took new cabrio to Rockingham yesterday to try No prep racing, we ran the Small tyre heads up class which is a anything goes door car class with maximum of 28/10.5 or 275 drag radial class with flashlight start no times etc.
 I had made a few changes to how I sit in car and to pedals as the RLR supplied pedals were just not correct for a RHD car as they were to far to the left and forced me to sit facing left toward middle of car instead of straight which often caused me to line car up pointing right[me facing straight forward] and is something that I should have modified along time ago, anyway it was much better and easier to line car up straight now with its RW pedals  Wink Cool

To the race:
We got 2 test hits in morning which showed me a few things, mainly even turned down a lot car had way too much power Shocked  Every round was drawn out of a cup by drivers with lane choice  also done same way, there were enough cars to run a 32 car ladder. 1st round I drew a supercharged LS powered 100E Ford who also was having issues with too much power, I managed to pedal it pretty quick in 1st and get it to hook up only using 30% throttle and drove away from him and got the win, 2nd round and I drew a twin turbo LS powered later model Camaro, this was my best pass, I got a slight jump on him but he got round me as I shifted into 2nd and I short shifted into 3rd allowing me to get power back in quicker and went round him just before finish line and got another win, next round I was in the shitter when they did the draw Shocked Cheesy Grin  So Joe Elliot who was helping me stepped in and drew for me, and got me a bye Shocked Grin as odd number of cars left.
I choose to just break beams and wait for semi final as they were getting near curfew by now, semi final and I drew a nitrous small block Ford pop/Anglia, this was one pass too far for me as I just didn't react quick enough to flashlight and then didn't pedal it quick enough and by time I got it to hook he was too far ahead for me to catch him.

We did get a lot of people come to pits and ask about the car, comment on how cool it was to see a "little beetle" winning or how wild it was Wink etc and it was a really fun day, its a shame they are shutting the Track down next month forever to build another car park/storage facility as it would have been good for it to continue drag racing there but it does seem its all done now Angry I am just glad I got to take part and try it while I could Smiley

Oh and the burnouts were fun Wink Grin Thanks to Callum Pudge for the excellent picture mid burnout  Cool

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Tufty65

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 22:11:48 pm »

Awesome, ?Little beetle? made me laugh, if only they knew 😁

Outlaw Flat Four 35
12.64 @ 106.25mph
Tufty65

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 22:13:56 pm »

Dont know what the question marks are all about they are supposed to be speech marks

Outlaw Flat Four 35
12.64 @ 106.25mph
Richierich56

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 01:35:52 am »

Nice work Richie - sounds like a cool day out and a win or two always helps! Real shame the place is getting closed.
bedjo78

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 08:16:54 am »

great achievment ..
Flakeyjake

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 17:33:19 pm »

The burnout picture is absolute amazing Cool

PB 12.13 @ 177kmh SCC2015
richie

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 17:51:13 pm »

Thanks Smiley

Couple more pictures from Callum

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
thehanz DVK

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 19:11:07 pm »

Great pictures and looks like a lot off fun

67 bug ragtop 091 berg 5. 2276cc 48 Ida
Jo Clifford

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 11:39:17 am »

Here's a couple of videos of Richies pass against the Camaro, one using the GoPro and the other by me (sorry for the quality got a little distracted  Grin Smiley, not my best work!!!)

https://youtu.be/3DW426eE6nQ

and the 2nd

https://youtu.be/CyUh3TRGSbA

https://linktr.ee/Redheadautoupholstery?utm_source=linktree_profile_share

http://www.rjvolksperformance.com/

Living the dream, not just talking about it ;o)

"Don't talk, just bring it" - Hector Urias
Basti

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 13:07:52 pm »

Toooooo much Power Wink)

- black 62 cal look beetle
- Pro Mod Race car
andy198712

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 17:18:45 pm »

Wow! thats sketchy  Grin
dragvw2180

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 01:00:08 am »

Well if you ever get over this way there is more than one .  http://www.kandlmotorsports.com/rockingham/rockingham.htm    congrats on a great race. Mike McCarthy
Andy

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 11:27:57 am »

Looks exciting   Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: