The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 14:01:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350873 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  clear blue skies....before the smoke rolled in...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: clear blue skies....before the smoke rolled in...  (Read 4876 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: October 22, 2007, 03:48:16 am »

this weekend before the fires and Santa Ana Winds
nicolas

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 11:02:09 am »

yes it seems like all you rockstars are running from the fires...
Jim Ratto

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 21:45:06 pm »

yesterday it was like judgment day was upon us. I was out front cleaning fish pond and gardening and all of the sudden.....WHOOSH....the sky was blacked out, the sun turned blood red and the wind went wild. It's miserable out...crap blowing everywhere and smokey. We've gotten 60-70-80mph winds at my place in Simi Valley. No VW on the road today.  Angry
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 22:02:35 pm »

I spent my weekend at Glamis Desert riding the bikes and the sand-rails.........coming back yesterday there was smoke and dirt flying everywhere… Winds blowing so hard a few semi-trucks were flipped over.  You could see red behind the mountains.............it’s ugly.....

Der Kleiner Panzers
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 00:00:22 am »

Sounds bad out there. We had them here in Florida in the first part of the year. I actually drove through one to go get my '67 and drive it back from Orlando in March. Smoke was crazy and they closed the interstate just after we passed through.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 00:11:08 am »

Not the greatest time to be running around with no air cleaners. If Jim would stop lighting fires all over the place, we could get on with things.

I also park at Nick's.
swivel-hips

OUTLAW ABORTIONS LIKE THIS

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 17:13:50 pm »

yesterday it was like judgment day was upon us. I was out front cleaning fish pond and gardening and all of the sudden.....WHOOSH....the sky was blacked out, the sun turned blood red and the wind went wild. It's miserable out...crap blowing everywhere and smokey. We've gotten 60-70-80mph winds at my place in Simi Valley. No VW on the road today.  Angry
Jim remember the plan last time i flew in, shot down in flames, i might get my wish this weekend Shocked

I HAVE A ROPE FOR A BELT, AND I AIN'T GOT NO CAPS LOCK BUTTON.VW PANIC VW PANIC VW PANIC
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 18:31:20 pm »

News looks worse today. My wife has some family in the Ontario area. Need to check on them and see how they are doing.

--louis

Louis Brooks

Jim Ratto

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 18:40:01 pm »

Still blowing like a mutha. Nothing really near us in Simi, fire wise....we got lucky so far, but the winds are still beastly. I feel so bad for the folks in the fire lines. Yesterday we had really smokey skies and ash falling like rain. Our yard looks like a war zone....but if that is all we have to deal with, I am really thankful.
nicolas

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 21:29:20 pm »

Still blowing like a mutha. Nothing really near us in Simi, fire wise....we got lucky so far, but the winds are still beastly. I feel so bad for the folks in the fire lines. Yesterday we had really smokey skies and ash falling like rain. Our yard looks like a war zone....but if that is all we have to deal with, I am really thankful.

it really is getting bad over there. it is on the news here as well and it sounds real threatening. but if you have to flee the house just try to take sheeps engine with you, i would like to hear how that story ends.

and the cat, they don't like water, but they are not too crazy about open fires as well.
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 21:33:04 pm »

it really is getting bad over there. it is on the news here as well and it sounds real threatening. but if you have to flee the house just try to take sheeps engine with you, i would like to hear how that story ends.

and the cat, they don't like water, but they are not too crazy about open fires as well.

And don't forget the car either. Or the wife. That would be bad.

---louis

Louis Brooks

Carlos De Alba

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 21:49:02 pm »

Forget about sheeps engine........just don't leave the beer....

Der Kleiner Panzers
Jim Ratto

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 21:56:29 pm »

I got tired of sheep's stuff in my way in the garage. There's a kid around the corner building a hoodride. I just gave it all to him.
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 22:01:42 pm »

I got tired of sheep's stuff in my way in the garage. There's a kid around the corner building a hoodride. I just gave it all to him.

Don't give it away just yet.............I'll give you $10 on saturday.........I need a new motor on my lawnmower........... Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers
nicolas

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 16:48:57 pm »

Don't give it away just yet.............I'll give you $10 on saturday.........I need a new motor on my lawnmower........... Grin

you see that is a perfect example about you living in California and a me in Belgium. you need a lawnmower and i a leafblower.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: