The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:42:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  New EMPI IDAs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New EMPI IDAs  (Read 2098 times)
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« on: October 29, 2007, 15:40:16 pm »

Not looking to start a debate about EMPI quality but has anyone seen the new IDAs they are supposed to start carrying. I hear the quality is actually pretty good. Looks like they will have 51mm and eventually 58mm versions with all the usual mods. The price of original IDAs are dropping here in the US. I wonder how much of an impact there will have. Anyone seen a price for them yet?

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 20:47:09 pm »

Keep us posted here in europe Louis.
Havent seen anything on them yet Cool

Fast vw beetle's rule
besserwisser

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 01:32:26 am »

I have seen the new Empi 51-s and man do they look good. They have been tested on a few motors with great results. What blew me away was the quality of the casting. It is even smother than original Italian 48-s. Both the 48 and the 51 is in the 2008 ctalog from Empi but with no pricetag. If they manage to keep the quality this will change the whole vw-scene when it comes to all out performance. I guess i will have to give away my original 48-s soon.
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 01:58:55 am »

Cool, I may have to keep an eye on them. I was planning to buy a set later this month. Been debating the whole original Italian versions vs a new set. It would be nice to have an affordable option that wont need to be completely rebuilt. I guess no one is carrying them yet.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Neil Davies

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 10:41:13 am »

Nice idea doing the 51 - saves having to modify a set of 48's. I remember when I bought my 48's several years ago that a couple of sets of 51.5's were for sale at the same time for considerably less money, but obviously need a more serious motor to run them so a much more limited market.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: