The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:58:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  54mm ducati throttle body.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 54mm ducati throttle body.  (Read 8161 times)
Bad bug

« on: November 04, 2018, 15:31:43 pm »

Good day All,

Can anyone tell me what is the measurement of the narrowest point as the bore of the throttle body gets to the butterflies.
Bad bug

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 20:27:13 pm »

No answer, no one has ever used these TB's on an engine.
Eddie DVK

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 09:48:19 am »

I can t help you, but took some picture of a drag beetle at SCC 2018 with Ducati trottle body s on them.
Maybe some one here knows the owner.

Regards Edgar

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
Bad bug

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 15:23:41 pm »

Eddie any help is appreciated. I am considering putting this on a large t4 engine injectors will be placed in the original position. If needs be i will add and additional four close to the heads.
Bad bug

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 15:32:30 pm »

What pattern is he using an IDA or wider to fit the TB"s.
richie

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 17:21:51 pm »

I can t help you, but took some picture of a drag beetle at SCC 2018 with Ducati trottle body s on them.
Maybe some one here knows the owner.

Regards Edgar

Its Andreas Jonsson's car Smiley

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
PPRMicke

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 17:48:24 pm »

What pattern is he using an IDA or wider to fit the TB"s.
The intake  are shortened IDA
You have to have a distance piece with ducati bolt pattern

/// Micke
Bad bug

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 00:20:10 am »

Does anyone have any videos of Andreas racing his bug, is he a member here on this forum.
numbnuts

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 13:31:58 pm »

What Ducati are these off?

2854cc 1956 cal looker coming to this space shortly
Eddie DVK

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 13:33:13 pm »

I like those tb's, and knew there was an topic on here before. Found it!
http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,23790.30.html
Starts at the bottom of page 2.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 13:37:06 pm by Eddie » Logged

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
OveF

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 14:28:07 pm »

Does anyone have any videos of Andreas racing his bug, is he a member here on this forum.

Here's one from facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/andreas.jonsson.98434/videos/1336843276418204/
AJ

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 09:54:39 am »

Just saw this post.
Yes, it's my car, throttle bodies pictured above.
I made a new shaft for the butterflies to mount them in line as it did't worked out with the ducati set up, the geometry are different when you mount them both horizontally.
They are mounted on angle flow IDA intakes using a conversion plate, i also borred them out to 56mm
Eddie DVK

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 10:01:27 am »

Just saw this post.
I made a new shaft for the butterflies to mount them in line as it did't worked out with the ducati set up, the geometry are different when you mount them both horizontally.
They are mounted on angle flow IDA intakes using a conversion plate, i also borred them out to 56mm

Cool...
They seem to be working for you?.
As I remember correctly you where driving in the 10's at SCC.

Regards Edgar

PPRMicke

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2018, 11:14:03 am »

Just saw this post.

Cool...
They seem to be working for you?.
As I remember correctly you where driving in the 10's at SCC.
for info  10.31@209.90 ( steel car Smiley)
There are pictures here      https://www.facebook.com/pg/Swedish-West-Coast-VW-Drag-Racers-792580740944902/photos/?ref=page_internal
/// Micke

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:20:45 am by PPRMicke » Logged
Bad bug

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2018, 19:15:59 pm »

Just saw this post.

What size engine did you have them on. I am thinking of using these on a 2.8 or 2.9ltr t4 engine. How much power di you make on your engine and what size was it.
PPRMicke

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018, 20:18:39 pm »

Just saw this post.

What size engine did you have them on. I am thinking of using these on a 2.8 or 2.9ltr t4 engine. How much power di you make on your engine and what size was it.
Oxy  4"x 80 mm  Head Ms 250  313 hk
/// Micke
Bad bug

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 21:49:50 pm »

Just saw this post.

Oxy  4"x 80 mm  Head Ms 250  313 hk
/// Micke

Jesus have mercy. I wanted to do a 4 inch bore oxy with an 80mm crank but the guy doing the kit wasn't interested in doing 4 inch waterboxer heads to run on aircooled sleeves so now i have the 80mm waterboxer crank and case converted to support 94mm bore. The 2.2ltr oxy will be my first engine followed by the t4.
PPRMicke

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 22:05:28 pm »

Just saw this post.

Oxy  4"x 80 mm  Head Ms 250  313 hk
/// Micke

Jesus have mercy. I wanted to do a 4 inch bore oxy with an 80mm crank but the guy doing the kit wasn't interested in doing 4 inch waterboxer heads to run on aircooled sleeves so now i have the 80mm waterboxer crank and case converted to support 94mm bore. The 2.2ltr oxy will be my first engine followed by the t4.
Sweden made cylinders 😊 in Swedish steel 😊
[attachment=1 [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 22:51:17 pm by PPRMicke » Logged
Bad bug

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 02:09:29 am »

Who makes these liners and can they be made for the T4 engine. I am looking at options as i also have on my mind the deutz liners.
PPRMicke

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 11:25:40 am »

Who makes these liners and can they be made for the T4 engine. I am looking at options as i also have on my mind the deutz liners.
No
the question of type 4 There was no one interested

(I do not want to be stupid but type4
There are so few heads for those that flow well on the exhaust side)

/// Micke
henk

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 17:53:56 pm »

What Ducati are these off?

I think ducati 999.

Henk!!!
Bad bug

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2018, 12:57:40 pm »

Just saw this post.

/// Micke

Who made these liners.
PPRMicke

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2018, 20:38:35 pm »

Just saw this post.

/// Micke

Who made these liners.

Peter Servais i sweden
/// Micke
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: