The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:40:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Berg grooved venturies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Berg grooved venturies  (Read 5799 times)
andrewlandon67

« on: January 15, 2019, 00:24:49 am »

Have any of you tried them out? I'd like to hear some impressions, criticisms, concerns, etc. I'd also like to know what you had to do to your jet stack afterwards, leaner vs. richer, etc. I've only just recently heard of them and I want to know if they do/don't work. Thanks all!

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

"Walking Softly and Carrying a Big Fucking Stick" - Zach G.
Stephen schmidt

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 00:57:55 am »

I'm also curious.
Erlend / bug66
Global Moderator

SCC Event

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 01:28:09 am »

Have any of you tried them out? I'd like to hear some impressions, criticisms, concerns, etc. I'd also like to know what you had to do to your jet stack afterwards, leaner vs. richer, etc. I've only just recently heard of them and I want to know if they do/don't work. Thanks all!

Does it flow more air if you don’t need to add more fuel?  Huh

The '67:
10.626 @ 132mph, SCC 2016
10.407 @ 134mph, SCC 2017
10.221 @ 135mph, SCC 2018

The '59:
Not yet..
henk

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 09:28:25 am »

There has been some talk on these before here on the forum.
Take a look on the link.

http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,27579.0.html

Henk!!!
andrewlandon67

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 17:44:56 pm »

There has been some talk on these before here on the forum.
Take a look on the link.

http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,27579.0.html

Henk!!!

Cool, thanks! I saw that they also make them in IDF sizes and I'm pondering picking up a set for my 44s. Not that I've had any issues with a lack of low or high end, but it's one of those things that could possibly turn something good into something amazing. Or, of course, I could just wait until I have money for IDAs and then try these.

Does it flow more air if you don’t need to add more fuel?  Huh

That does make sense, now that I think of it...

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

Joel Mohr

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 17:53:28 pm »

1672 made 138 with 37's, 151 with 42's, and 155 with Berg 37/42's...

SEE YA AT THE RACES!!!
andrewlandon67

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 18:03:02 pm »

1672 made 138 with 37's, 151 with 42's, and 155 with Berg 37/42's...

I'd love to see the graphs from each of those tests, just to see where that extra power comes in and how much more that motor revs with the Berg vents. Sounds like an absolute screamer of a little motor!

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

Joel Mohr

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 22:22:31 pm »

Not sure how to post, but The Berg vents made the best power band after changing emulsions from F11 to F7...it goes to 8 grand..65 x 90.5...86b, Clyde Berg 46 x 36 oval ports...Hemi cut, 10.3 to 1

SEE YA AT THE RACES!!!
Torben Alstrup

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 21:27:26 pm »

Not sure how to post, but The Berg vents made the best power band after changing emulsions from F11 to F7...it goes to 8 grand..65 x 90.5...86b, Clyde Berg 46 x 36 oval ports...Hemi cut, 10.3 to 1
Hello.
It makes total sense that such a motor would benefit from those venturies since the fuel mix will need all the help it can get. And that is exactly what these venturies do apart from the already discussed elsewhere.

I have been playing with this type of venturies in IDF´and Dellorto carbs with some succes. The general consensus is that the main air need to be increased and the main jet of course. How much depends heavily on venturi combo and engine of course. In IDF´s it seems that the vacum signal is weakened more than good is so the use of F7 E tubes is a natural way of compensating. (Especially HPMX 40´s)  Engines with carbs larger than actually needed benefit the most. Engines with carbs on the small side can, with the right combination, get a better mid upper end performance. - Last summer I tried this mod on a 2165 engine along with a plasma ignition system. That engine got so much midrange torque that it shredded third gear in the stock transmission Shocked It was most likely on the limit before, but now it was over the limit of what the transmission would take.

T

andrewlandon67

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 21:53:29 pm »

Hello.
It makes total sense that such a motor would benefit from those venturies since the fuel mix will need all the help it can get. And that is exactly what these venturies do apart from the already discussed elsewhere.

I have been playing with this type of venturies in IDF´and Dellorto carbs with some succes. The general consensus is that the main air need to be increased and the main jet of course. How much depends heavily on venturi combo and engine of course. In IDF´s it seems that the vacum signal is weakened more than good is so the use of F7 E tubes is a natural way of compensating. (Especially HPMX 40´s)  Engines with carbs larger than actually needed benefit the most. Engines with carbs on the small side can, with the right combination, get a better mid upper end performance. - Last summer I tried this mod on a 2165 engine along with a plasma ignition system. That engine got so much midrange torque that it shredded third gear in the stock transmission Shocked It was most likely on the limit before, but now it was over the limit of what the transmission would take.

T

Interesting about the weakened vaccum signal to the E tubes... I wonder what the effect would be on 44 HPMXs going from 36mm vents to the 34/38 combo on a stout 1914. Maybe I'll have to save some money up and stick my car on a dyno for a day and try these out!

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

chez2165

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 23:29:29 pm »

I recently bought some for the ida's however I haven't fitted them yet to see how good they are.
j-dub

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 03:21:14 am »

I have been playing with this type of venturies in IDF´and Dellorto carbs with some succes.

This makes me really happy to heard since I am a fan of Dellortos. I actually called Berg not long after these were released for the IDAs and asked them about DRLAs. I also noticed that they now have IDF applications listed on their website. When you tested them on Dellortos were you simply using IDF vents that you modified or have they sent you a prototype DRLA specific vent?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

Torben Alstrup

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 09:29:08 am »

No, I make my own venturies. - Or I should say I get them produced at a tool maker shop nearby. I don´t have a 5 axis CNC  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: