The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:04:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350686 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Inch pincher found!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Inch pincher found!  (Read 17650 times)
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 03:56:47 am »

It Is A Baja Bug Now it's in the Tustin Calif Area Dyno Knows about the Car But its all Hacked up now and it is true the Owner knows the History of the Car But should Be Shot for making it a Baja Sad Sad

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Russell

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 13:09:50 pm »

Guys

agian we have been having fun...

the 63 is not in San Fan.... more likley the rummers of it as a Baja are more true than mine......

No i havent found Inch Pincher and am not closing in..... honest and if i was i would share with you all  Wink

It would appear that Kev, KS and myself can get you all going quite qucikly..... sorry  Grin Grin Grin

Best Regards

Russell
bathing ape

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 17:42:34 pm »

we live in hope that one day it will turn up
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2007, 17:46:57 pm »

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 18:26:49 pm »

It Is A Baja Bug Now it's in the Tustin Calif Area Dyno Knows about the Car But its all Hacked up now and it is true the Owner knows the History of the Car But should Be Shot for making it a Baja Sad Sad

Has anyone tried buying it resently  Huh Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2007, 22:59:00 pm »

Although I havent seen the car myself, I have heard for certain that it was Baja'd, the current owner knows its history, nothing of value is still on the car, and he wants an obscene amount of money for it. Its a shame, really. So you would be bending over for nothing more than a VIN... Sad

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2007, 23:16:47 pm »

There are some strange things to this story.
If I had a car with this kind of history, and I knew it, I would look at the value of a "Baja" vs the cash I would get for the "history".
Then I would take it to the CLASSIC and sell it... not keeping it hidden in the valley.

If this rumor is true, that guy canīt be one of the shapest knives in the drawer.

But BOY do I hope itīs true!! Smiley

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Russell

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 23:28:16 pm »

I do hope this thread ends soon !!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards

Russell
Lee.C

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2007, 23:29:49 pm »

Although I havent seen the car myself, I have heard for certain that it was Baja'd, the current owner knows its history, nothing of value is still on the car, and he wants an obscene amount of money for it. Its a shame, really. So you would be bending over for nothing more than a VIN... Sad

Even if it has been Baja'd it would be well worth saving - I have seen alot less of a car "fully restored" in the Classic car world.

So what is an"Obscene Amount" I might start saving NOW  Wink Smiley

Lee.C

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2007, 23:30:30 pm »

Sorry dude  Wink Smiley

Ole

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2007, 12:24:33 pm »

Sorry Russell, but this thread cannot end before the only real picture of IP was posted...  Wink Grin

no cerveza?
no trabajo!
deano

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2007, 16:43:08 pm »

I seriously doubt that the Aronson/Holmes sedan has been made into a Baja. I do not know where that rumor started from, but no more than ten years ago, it was still a sedan, albeit far from its original condition, up in Hesperia. And considering how few Baja Bugs are still being built these days, the chances that particular one was cut is rare. Back then, the owner knew it was the Aronson car, so why screw it up because he owned a Sawzall? It is proabably parked right next to the IP 1 and 2, the Anderson's Bros gasser, and the Under Dog #2....

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2007, 17:56:00 pm »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2007, 22:20:00 pm »

I seriously doubt that the Aronson/Holmes sedan has been made into a Baja. I do not know where that rumor started from, but no more than ten years ago, it was still a sedan, albeit far from its original condition, up in Hesperia.

That is what I was told from one of the car's former owners about 3 years ago. I think he said he bought it from Jim Holmes, then he sold it, somewhere along the line a woman got hold of the car, it was wrecked and susequently baja'd. Cant remember his name.... Does Bill Richardson ring a bell?? Something like that- I still have his business card somewhere, Ill try to find it tonight.

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2007, 22:32:32 pm »

I heard the Same Thing Zach I heard it got Wrecked and then turned into a Baja But I have heard it is in Tustin Ca. We Should Ask Dyno He Know's alot about that car

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
deano

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2007, 23:17:16 pm »

I stand by my story.... No Baja. Christie who lived in Tustin at the time, purchased the car from Holmes for $3800ish complete. Over a period of time, the wheels, engine, and back seat were sold off, and then the car was put up for sale. I saw the car with Bill Rogers.... in her/their gargage, and the asking price was $1200. I passed (sick). Years later, I located it again, this time up in Hesperia, and talked to the owner. Many things were changed, not much left from the glory days. Again, no Baja, no crash after it left Christie's hands. Holmes did crash the car, back about 1976. But Beckers put it back together. I called Dyno, and he confirmed much of this.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2007, 23:24:23 pm »

Bill Rogers!! That was it!

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2007, 00:52:29 am »

Bill Rogers!! That was it!
Bill Rogers he was in DKP wasnt he? I Remember him Hanging out with Roger Greco I think he also Had A Ghia? (it was Blue and he Painted it Black with Alloys) I Think he use to Work at Williams Volvo in Buena Park in the 70's I always saw it parked in the street when I use to Go to the Auto Haus Warehouse

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
dyno don
DKK

DGVA DZK (old school 70's)

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2007, 18:22:22 pm »

.....that car has/had some very good history for sure/ bill rogers is a good friend of mine  and christy..the prior owner was a room mate of mine during her ownership and i was the one who did a "lot" of work on the car...for a small 1700 with an engle 110 cam that car was impressive(after tune up/carb work..etc..) considering it had the shit beat out of it for several years with virtually little problems ..she became detached with her love for the car and had to pay bills so she pieced out the car as mentioned by deano...sad but true..!!    my good friend bill taormina tried an attemp to duplicate the original car years later and>> was close but not quite as it had its share of things that were not to the original specs but did have in fact a full on fat performance drivetrain and original brm's...>>this was in fact the car many people saw and remember me driving and doing a full on burnout at gene bergs funeral service/(just the way gene would have wanted it)..!!    later on was sold to mr.kamori of flat four    ...now back to the pincher>>>??
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2007, 19:51:17 pm »

Shocked Shocked
Lee.C

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2007, 20:54:36 pm »

.....that car has/had some very good history for sure/ bill rogers is a good friend of mine  and christy..the prior owner was a room mate of mine during her ownership and i was the one who did a "lot" of work on the car...for a small 1700 with an engle 110 cam that car was impressive(after tune up/carb work..etc..) considering it had the shit beat out of it for several years with virtually little problems ..she became detached with her love for the car and had to pay bills so she pieced out the car as mentioned by deano...sad but true..!!    my good friend bill taormina tried an attemp to duplicate the original car years later and>> was close but not quite as it had its share of things that were not to the original specs but did have in fact a full on fat performance drivetrain and original brm's...>>this was in fact the car many people saw and remember me driving and doing a full on burnout at gene bergs funeral service/(just the way gene would have wanted it)..!!    later on was sold to mr.kamori of flat four    ...now back to the pincher>>>??

Hmmmmmm Interesting dude - Anyway back to the INCH PINCHER Wink Smiley so where was the last you saw it dude  Huh

P.S sorry about this Russ  Wink Smiley

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2007, 21:57:17 pm »

sorry guys but just for my buddy dyno  Cool
here's bill's car  Shocked featured in volksworld feb 96  ,dyno go to this links for more pictures of the report : http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,3377.0.html#new
rgd
 eagle eyes  Grin
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 22:05:29 pm by speedwell » Logged

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Russell

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2007, 23:17:51 pm »

Thanks Zach for the number, spoke with Bill and as you all know bill sold it to the girl who sold it onto a man in southern cal. and the story stops there for the time being......

Best Regards

Russell
58vw

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2007, 00:41:40 am »

ya...he also has the remains to bigfoot

www.4inbore.com
Angleflows...order them now
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: