The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 00:05:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Mods please close - wrong sect
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mods please close - wrong sect  (Read 3863 times)
janpan

« on: February 01, 2019, 08:01:56 am »

Hi there My name is Janpan
Sorry this will be a bit long. I am at my wits end at the moment. Just got motor back in - transmission is a type 1 with an early style release bearing. Kennedy Stage 2 pressure plate (with the ring attachment on the fingers for early type release bearing) and new Daikin Super disc.

My issue is - I have set the clutch pedal free play to the correct amount (at the pedal) however, when the wingnut is adjusted to set this amount of play at the pedal the arm on the transmission literally will not move towards the front of the car (with your fingers from underneath) obviously meaning that the release bearing is hard against the pressure plate ring. If I back the wing nut off a turn I cant get gears without crunching and really having the pedal down to the floor hard.

Obviously, this will kill the release bearing in quick time. Someone on thesamba suggested that the arm is indexed wrong on the splines on the cross shaft for the release bearing fork. Does this sound feasible?

Bowden tube is in place with the correct amount of bend, clutch cable is good. I just cant understand what is going on here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am really stuck with this. Anyone have any suggestions at all???

Thanks
ทางเข้า138bet
janpan

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 08:04:25 am »

Sorry this will be a bit long. I am at my wits end at the moment. Just got motor back in - transmission is a type 1 with an early style release bearing. Kennedy Stage 2 pressure plate (with the ring attachment on the fingers for early type release bearing) and new Daikin Super disc.

My issue is - I have set the clutch pedal free play to the correct amount (at the pedal) however, when the wingnut is adjusted to set this amount of play at the pedal the arm on the transmission literally will not move towards the front of the car (with your fingers from underneath) obviously meaning that the release bearing is hard against the pressure plate ring. If I back the wing nut off a turn I cant get gears without crunching and really having the pedal down to the floor hard.

Obviously, this will kill the release bearing in quick time. Someone on thesamba suggested that the arm is indexed wrong on the splines on the cross shaft for the release bearing fork. Does this sound feasible?

Bowden tube is in place with the correct amount of bend, clutch cable is good. I just cant understand what is going on here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am really stuck with this. Anyone have any suggestions at all???

Thanks
ทางเข้า138bet
janpan

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 08:05:35 am »

Thanks
ทางเข้า138bet
janpan

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 08:06:34 am »

Thanks
ทางเข้า138bet
Erlend / bug66
Global Moderator

SCC Event

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 08:23:18 am »

Hi,

Something wrong here.

Do you have sloppy pedals? You might want to address this first.

Get them un-sloppy and then work work way backwards.

The arm on the transmission is fixed in one possition, can't be "indexed" wrong. But the arm might be wrong for the transmission?

The '67:
10.626 @ 132mph, SCC 2016
10.407 @ 134mph, SCC 2017
10.221 @ 135mph, SCC 2018

The '59:
Not yet..
Dougy Dee

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 16:16:45 pm »

Clutch cable tube in tunnel has popped the reinforcement?

Wrong cable?
Garrick Clark

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 16:57:10 pm »

I would take the engine out and have a look what's going on in the bellhousing. with motor out you can get a mate to  press the clutch pedal and see how its all working.

Air cooled Engine builder
richie

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 18:43:28 pm »

Need to adjust pedal stop

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Neil Davies

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 21:33:29 pm »

I've seen bent arms on the gearbox, wrong cables, worn pedal boxes etc but the only thing that I've had real trouble with that sounds similar was when the bowden tube was wrong and didnt have the right amount of sag. A previous owner had used sockets and nuts jnder the wing nut to get it to work. Changed the tube and all was good.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: