The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 23:17:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350681 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Part dealer in the uk LIMEBUG.COM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Part dealer in the uk LIMEBUG.COM  (Read 5066 times)
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« on: February 04, 2019, 21:11:40 pm »

Hi everyone, anyone has more infos about www.limebug.com ?

There's something I want to buy from them, but I have never heard about this company before.

Anyone know more about them? Are they serious?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 21:05:20 pm by Nico86 » Logged

Glauco

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 21:20:16 pm »

I bought from them a few times, it took not more than 3 days to get from the UK to Belgium. Shipping wasn't to expensive either..
No bad experiences whatsoever.

Glauco
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 22:05:00 pm »

Thanks a lot for the infos Smiley

beetletom

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 22:09:29 pm »

Bought a few bits, always quick delivery
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 22:46:55 pm »

Thank you! I'll contact them

Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 18:35:05 pm »

Anyone who follows them on facebook could message or livechat them there, and tell them to take a look at what's going on on their Ebay shop from time to time ?

I have ordered from their Ebay shop a £300 ceramic coated exhaust system, it took almost 2 weeks to be delivered because the carrier didn't have all the correct informations... but most importantly they have sent the wrong part! and I have received instead a cheaper non-ceramic metal exhaust that also doesn't even fit the model of my car... I have no use for it and it's barely worth half what I paid for!

I have messaged them multiples times on Ebay and on email through their website to return this wrong part, and to get refunded, and they are never replying anymore now and not providing any help at all to solve this probelm! The shopping experience from them is getting really negative...

Also meanwhile I can see they have enough time to post random stuff on their public facebook page, instead of providing a customer service... but as I don't have a facebook account, could anyone message them there or livechat them, to tell them to take a look at their messages on Ebay and at their customer service?

Help would be much appreciated, since it seems impossible to contact them anymore now.

https://www.facebook.com/limebugVW/

Thank you Smiley
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 00:57:12 am by Nico86 » Logged

spoolin70

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 20:14:46 pm »

Sad to read about your negative experience Nico.

I've not used Limebug but if your being ignored on email/eBay, why not call them -  01782 922047

Might be easier to get answers  Wink

Good luck
Darren
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 20:49:35 pm »

Sad to read about your negative experience Nico.

I've not used Limebug but if your being ignored on email/eBay, why not call them -  01782 922047

Might be easier to get answers  Wink

Good luck
Darren

Thank you Smiley I'll try to give them a call as well, I'll see if I can give an international call from my cellphone since I am in France.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 20:54:30 pm by Nico86 » Logged

Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 21:05:01 pm »

Finally got a reply tonight! Seems also contacting Ebay and Paypal sped things up!

leec

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 22:15:57 pm »

Finally got a reply tonight! Seems also contacting Ebay and Paypal sped things up!

It's a shame that's what got you a response  Roll Eyes

Should have got one before that
Lee
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 00:55:41 am »

It's a shame that's what got you a response  Roll Eyes

Should have got one before that
Lee

I don't know if it's thanks to this, but hopefully the problem will be solved now. Thankfully it was not parts I needed to have the car running or to fix it, as it's for my daily driver and I need it every day to go to work!
Ebay's and Paypal's buyer protection can be annoying as they take their fees on each payement, but they ususally help a lot when you buy for several hundreds of £££s. Usually just mentioning it speeds things up.

Martin S.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 01:26:10 am »

I’ve had eBay step in a couple times with instant results. Sellers should know this!

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
spoolin70

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 10:10:50 am »

Apologies Nico, I didn't realise you were in France. Glad you've (hopefully) got a result then.

Unfortunately in this modern world, although you can contact a seller multiple ways, sometimes it just proves harder to get a reply through the same channels.

Let us know how it works out for you
Darren
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2019, 17:58:52 pm »

Thanks guys!

At least I get replies to my messages now. But the whole process of returning the wrong part, and having them to send back to correct one feels a bit like a hassle tbh.

Since tuesday evening I got told 4 times that they are about to send me a return label, and after 2 days I am still waiting for something that should take a few minutes only to be sent through e-mail. Tomorrow's Friday, so if I don't get the return label tonight, the parcel won't be returned until monday since the carrier's local pick-up point doesn't ship on weekends.

Also from what I've understood they are waiting to have received back the wrong part they have sent to me, before finally sending me the correct one... then add to this another week/10days to be delivered again, so it looks like I will have waited almost an entire month to get what I paid for, meanwhile they have my money since day 1  Roll Eyes I can still be glad it was Ferbruary and a month then only has 28 days  Grin

So all in all it's still a negative experience on my point of view. I should have ordered directly from the US, I would have received it faster in the end and for only a bit more money even with custom fees.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 18:04:23 pm by Nico86 » Logged

peach_

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2019, 23:51:03 pm »

Thanks guys!

At least I get replies to my messages now. But the whole process of returning the wrong part, and having them to send back to correct one feels a bit like a hassle tbh.

Since tuesday evening I got told 4 times that they are about to send me a return label, and after 2 days I am still waiting for something that should take a few minutes only to be sent through e-mail. Tomorrow's Friday, so if I don't get the return label tonight, the parcel won't be returned until monday since the carrier's local pick-up point doesn't ship on weekends.

Also from what I've understood they are waiting to have received back the wrong part they have sent to me, before finally sending me the correct one... then add to this another week/10days to be delivered again, so it looks like I will have waited almost an entire month to get what I paid for, meanwhile they have my money since day 1  Roll Eyes I can still be glad it was Ferbruary and a month then only has 28 days  Grin

So all in all it's still a negative experience on my point of view. I should have ordered directly from the US, I would have received it faster in the end and for only a bit more money even with custom fees.

Nico, they are a 5min drive from my house, if you are really struggling I'd be happy to pop in on your behalf and find out whats happening if necessary?

let me know  Wink

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2019, 00:19:42 am »

Thanks guys!

Nico, they are a 5min drive from my house, if you are really struggling I'd be happy to pop in on your behalf and find out whats happening if necessary?

let me know  Wink

Thanks a lot man! I will let you know if it turns out necessary, I hope it won't, but that's good to know someone can go there physically if needed Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: