The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 14:25:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  PowderPuff Racing In Europe??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: PowderPuff Racing In Europe??  (Read 47440 times)
Russell

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 14:16:32 pm »

Kobus, you know as well as i do that you me and freddy are always behind the girls...........

Let the Fun begin

VW GASSER GARAGE PRESENTS POWDERPUFF RACING SERIES at European BugIn 2

Best Regards

Russell
Pump Gas

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 16:19:16 pm »

WOW,

This is going over well over there, as it is in the US.  I am so glad that you guys love the idea! Thanks, Russell!

Adele will do such a great job, and I will help her in anyway possible from across the Pond!  Thanks for all the support guys - you make me proud!

I told Mike last night - I for sure have to try and get there next year!

Susy

Real Street Cars Run On Pump Gas!
Udo

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 17:50:55 pm »

This all sounds good . Next step would be a european VW championship for all .  Smiley

Udo

Adele AW

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 18:51:56 pm »

Thanks for all the emails!

Heres to EBI 2 Cheesy

(Only 237 days to go Cheesy )

O/FF 621
Pump Gas

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 18:54:33 pm »

Udo,

I did not say THANK YOU to you also in my above post!

So THANK YOU VERY MUCH for wanting to be apart of this with Adele!

Susy

Kobus

See you at the NEXT EUROPEAN BUGIN!!! Summer 2011!

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2007, 19:29:24 pm »

237 days huh... thanks Adele... no pressure there!  Grin    HELP! Clock is ticking!!!!!!

Keep the Thru Cal-Look Alive!!!!
Udo

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2007, 09:59:16 am »

Udo,

I did not say THANK YOU to you also in my above post!

So THANK YOU VERY MUCH for wanting to be apart of this with Adele!

Susy

We have to say THANK YOU for starting this . I think i posted sometime ago that we tried this in Bitburg very often but never got participants . Looks like we get some driving ladies in VW's . The most problem is that their boyfriend's  don't let the girls drive their cars . This is what we had in Bitburg . But it seems we have some more ladies out there that have their own cars  Wink
Udo

Pump Gas

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 18:17:57 pm »

Udo,

Always a pleasure to try and get something together for the ladies. It has taken off well over here!  And the smiles, make it all worth while. So many ladies and even their husbands/boyfriends have come up to me and thanked me for getting this going again.
I have such a wonderful support team, especially my husband Mike.

It is so wonderful that you are supporting Adele on this whole idea.  She is really excitied to see how this goes over there, and I will be here supporting her in anyway possible.

I spoke to her on the phone the other day, and have emailed back and forth several times.  It seems like she is a little like me in her thoughts and ideas.  I am really looking forward to meeting her and Steve.

Yes, alot of ladies do have their own cars now, and I know some of the guys over here, are putting together cars for their Girlfriends/wives to drive.  So that makes me even more excited!

Take Care & Thanks again!   Smiley

Susy Herbert

ESH

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 10:13:32 am »

I guess we'll see you all in Chimay then. Smiley
Udo

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 19:40:20 pm »

I guess we'll see you all in Chimay then. Smiley

I think we all hope so , and that we find the right schedule's for this .

Udo

Adele AW

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2007, 21:17:17 pm »

Kobus, good to talk to you at the weekend!

I'll be posting some more firm information up very soon! Thanks again to everyone for the support Cheesy

Adele

O/FF 621
Pump Gas

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2007, 03:04:20 am »

Matt & Udo,

I really want to come to EBI2 next year.  I just started a new job (finally), and I will give my new boss some big hints at the beginning of the year!  I will at least wait till after the holidays, and after he sees my work!

Mike wants to come for a couple of weeks, and if I can go, I will probably just be able to fly in for the race, and then fly out after.
Will see!  I will keep my fingers crossed!  I have already looked into flights!

Susy

nicolas

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2007, 07:24:39 am »

hey, can a car enter both the Powder Puff series and the Beer Drinker series? i want to try and motivate my girl as well, but she will be driving my car.
alex d

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2007, 10:04:19 am »

hey, can a car enter both the Powder Puff series and the Beer Drinker series? i want to try and motivate my girl as well, but she will be driving my car.

same question, not that my girl needs motivating, she just wants to race  my car Grin
SteveW

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2007, 10:10:26 am »

Kobus will be able to confirm this but when we spoke on Sunday he did mention this! We thought it would be a real benefit being able to enter 1 car for both the male and female classes!  Grin

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
nicolas

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2007, 10:25:05 am »

same question, not that my girl needs motivating, she just wants to race  my car Grin

mine loves the car, maybe too much, as she is afraid to mess it up. but i told her callooks are only happy when raced... so i try to convince her with a lot of arguments, but so far no luck.
Kobus

See you at the NEXT EUROPEAN BUGIN!!! Summer 2011!

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2007, 14:35:39 pm »

I have to talk with our WebGeek (thanks Roland  Grin) about this but we intend to have something on the inscriptions page so you can easy register the second driver... should be easy...

Kobus will be able to confirm this but when we spoke on Sunday he did mention this! We thought it would be a real benefit being able to enter 1 car for both the male and female classes!  Grin

Keep the Thru Cal-Look Alive!!!!
SteveW

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2007, 00:17:10 am »

Cant let this thread go too far down the list Cheesy

Roll on Bug-In 33 and EBI2 !

Will be in touch with everyone who has expressed an interest in supporting the PowderPuff ladies, just got one more back operation next week (hopefully for the moment anyway), then my full attention will be on it Smiley

Adele

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
Udo

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2007, 09:36:02 am »

Perhaps we can see some cars here that want to compete  Smiley

Udo

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2007, 10:00:35 am »

Can I help out by offering to prove the eligibility of the contestants? Just  thought...  Kiss

Maybe Ultra VW can be persuaded to cough up some prizes...  Smiley

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
SteveW

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2007, 18:03:12 pm »

Can I help out by offering to prove the eligibility of the contestants? Just  thought...  Kiss

Keith, im sure we can arrange for you to have a role with 'official' capacities  Grin

Thanks for the offer too Cheesy

Everyone else, i need to get an idea of numbers please........ Please post your name/significant others names/wifes name/friends name/freundinnen names/name/fraus namen/nom d'petite amie.... you get the idea Cheesy.. i'll start

Me (pendin back opertion) Smiley
Suzy ( Thanks for the offer Martin Cheesy )

« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 18:06:55 pm by SteveW » Logged

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
Pump Gas

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2007, 03:02:50 am »

Keith,

You just crack me up - I guess when you are here for Bug-In 33, you can help me out with the eligibility also!!  Ha Ha Grin

Looking forward to both Bug In 33 and EBI2! 

We will be having the PPRS (PowderPuff Racing Series) next year, with 3 or 4 races for the ladies!  So really looking forward to being a part of that!

*****Let's all think and send healing thoughts for Adele and her back operation.****** Smiley

Susy
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:30:51 am by Pump Gas » Logged

Udo

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2007, 15:26:36 pm »

We are just working on our new car . Karin can drive it and for me it is to show my engine and parts !! Karin made some experiece in Bracket racing the last 3 years , most racing against V8 cars .

Udo

Pump Gas

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2007, 16:58:49 pm »

Udo,

Great shot - looking forward to meeting Karin, and watching her race!

Susy

ESH

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2007, 10:09:55 am »

Sal's in, not sure what car yet but we'll find something lying around somewhere.  Smiley
Udo

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2007, 12:42:21 pm »

Udo,

Great shot - looking forward to meeting Karin, and watching her race!

Susy

Hi Suzy

We are looking forward to meet you at Bugin 33 . But only if our Baby's - black 67 and my racecar don't need too much money  Smiley

Regards Udo

Pump Gas

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2007, 23:58:22 pm »

Udo,

I really hope you and Karin can make it to Bug-In 33.  That would be awesome!

Susy

Joe_G

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2007, 09:51:03 am »

Keith, im sure we can arrange for you to have a role with 'official' capacities  Grin

Thanks for the offer too Cheesy

Everyone else, i need to get an idea of numbers please........ Please post your name/significant others names/wifes name/friends name/freundinnen names/name/fraus namen/nom d'petite amie.... you get the idea Cheesy.. i'll start

Me (pendin back opertion) Smiley
Suzy ( Thanks for the offer Martin Cheesy )

Mrs G is in if the engine swap/rebuild goes to plan Smiley
Udo

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2007, 19:16:48 pm »

It looks like we have found a lady who likes to compete with our nice 59 ragtop  Smiley . The other lady next to Karin at our Bitburg regestration , most driving Opel now she likes to race at powderpuff !! So i think everyone who ever regestrated at Bitburg knows her  Wink . But we need some more Ladys ...

Udo

Pump Gas

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2007, 15:14:22 pm »

Udo & Karin  - great keep them coming!  The more the merrier!

I think the closer EBI2 gets, more ladies will be excited about it, and want to get involved.  Just because they don't see or post on this forum, does not mean they are not out there.

I was posting the PowderPuff class on the Cal-Look Forum, and I figured with all the posts that I got back, that there was only going to be a few more from last time.  But 20 cars signed up - WHICH WAS SO AWESOME.

Just a reminder. Make sure you spread the word to all your friends out there.  Adele & I want to see lots of ladies racing and having a great time!  Afterall, that's what life is all about! GOOD TIMES!

Susy Herbert

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: