The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2019, 14:16:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
340662 Posts in 27015 Topics by 6309 Members
Latest Member: whamcars
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Water/Methonal cooling kits, any good?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Water/Methonal cooling kits, any good?  (Read 310 times)
runningmonkey

« on: April 15, 2019, 09:06:47 am »

What are folks thoughts on water/methanol injection / cooling kits

Iv got a charge cool set up on my turbo motor at the moment, but its not really cooling the charge as the radiator and pump are to small and Iv been advised to change the system to either an ice box setup or go water/methanol

CB Performance sell W/M kits but I don't know a great deal about how they work and what the results are like. Could anyone running W/M kit give some advice on whats best?

Cheers in advance John   

GARRICK.CLARK

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 14:34:55 pm »

I Have the AEM kit.250 psi pump.1 nozzle per cylinder, using the smallest jets. The kit is good quality.
Martin S.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 12:45:04 pm »

The AEM kit sounds good. Where do you have the water jets installed? Any pics? How much cooler is the intake temps after installation?
https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/water-methanol-injection-systems/water-methanol-injection-kit-for-forced-induction-gasoline-engines

The CB kit looks good as well but I donít understand how it is controlled. AEM shows a control unit as part of the kit.
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/7060.htm

This idea seems ideal for bugs as it doesnít take up much room under the hood. A setup was going to be next on my engine and came recommended but circumstances stalled it. We can get 50/50 here as winter windshield washer fluid everywhere which works excellent.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 00:47:08 am by Martin S. » Logged

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
GARRICK.CLARK

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 16:49:15 pm »

I have my nozzles in each manifold port. Under the butterflies. Triggered at my 3/4 boost limit. Smallest devils own  nozzles, any bigger and the spray puts out the fire.

Martin S.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 16:53:16 pm »

Pics would be nice if you can. Do you have individual throttle bodies? I think I can get away with one water jet with a single throttle body.

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
GARRICK.CLARK

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 20:10:34 pm »

Yours is very different to mine . I'm using  dual dells ,so having water spray into the turbo hats and down the throats isn't good as it corrodes the carbs from the inside out and also goes into the float bowl etc causing all sorts of problems hence 1 per cylinder below the butterflies. I have used 1 nozzle on my Single SU carb set up. It worked well. I've re fitted the dells again to challenge myself, as blow through dells is nigh on impossible to get right.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 20:16:14 pm by GARRICK.CLARK » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: