The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:19:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  CSP Bellcrank hits generator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CSP Bellcrank hits generator  (Read 3344 times)
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« on: August 28, 2019, 13:20:40 pm »

Hi all, the RH rod of my CSP IDA Bellcrank linkage hits the generator clamp with the isolators in place between intakes and carbs.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

When I take those rubber isolators out of the equation the rod still rubs but is no longer under stress. This conflict is happening because I temporarily ran the engine on other intakes.
Now that I've gone back to the short reversed ancient empi intakes the engine has again become pretty narrow. In fact I have to wind in the rod ends all the way on both sides.
I'm not changing the intake setup.

My question is has anyone got experience with this? Is it an option to slight bend or zigzag the RH rod or would that result in uneven throttle opening?
I could potentially get away with no isolators and tilting the bellcrank backwards. But the inner end of the RH rod has always been so close to the lower left screw of the backing plate that I've never been able to even use a washer in that particular location.
Anyway, suffice it to say that with the heat soak topics arising I'd much prefer to run the isolators. I've already experienced heat soak once and it's no fun when you're a long way from home  Roll Eyes

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Andrew

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 06:13:21 am »

Not sure this is useful, or what you want to hear, but short manifolds work ok [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
pq

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 20:19:09 pm »

My carbs are fitted the opposite way around(idle screws outside) with the cams at the bottom. This might lower the rod enough.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 20:21:20 pm by pq » Logged
Andrew

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 08:54:53 am »

That's a good idea.
Eddie DVK

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 11:57:28 am »

Maybe a strange question, but you have made a push (to open) version out it, should it not be pull version...

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
pq

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 12:33:40 pm »

For it to pull, the rods would have to go the opposite way around on the centre pull and I think the right side rod would foul the generator stand. I never read the instructions when fitting mine but its looks the same as CSP website

https://www.csp-shop.com/en/csp/csp-products-bellcrank-linkages-129-941-110-20031c.html
Eddie DVK

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 13:14:24 pm »

I see, but in this set up (reversed carbs) if you pull, the levers on the carb s are then on the bottom... the same as PQ has mounted them on his carbs...
Than the rods are far lower, and maybe they don t hit the generator stand.

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
pq

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 16:08:37 pm »

Both ways are push to open
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 10:18:46 am »

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't expecting anything after nearly two months.
Obviously reversed manifolds make a difference and increase this problem. I'd need a pull/pull linkage for the bottom solution to work.

For now I'll see if I can tilt the stand backwards. I suppose I only need 1mm.

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: