The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 13:49:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350685 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Good Air Days
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Good Air Days  (Read 2247 times)
andrewlandon67

« on: October 04, 2019, 19:39:48 pm »

You know those days, every now and again and usually after some rainy, gloomy weather, when the air just FEELS better? You go outside in the morning and even if it isn't cold, it's crisp. You hop in your bug and crank it up until you get oil pressure and it fires almost as soon as it gets fuel, let it warm up, and prowl out onto the streets. You don't let it totally loose yet as the pressure of the cold oil might wreck something expensive, but once the pressure gauge starts lowering at idle and the temp gauge moves off its peg, you start holding it in gear for a little longer, 4500 rpm becomes 5000, and even at part throttle it feels like it's trying to rip your head off. Third gear starts getting scary if you hold it there too long, so you let it settle back down to around 3500 and cruise, just enjoying how sharp the bark from the carbs sounds and how smooth the shifter feels now that the transmission oil has some temperature in it. Drag racing season might be over for the year, but there's still plenty of time to enjoy a hotrod bug...

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

"Walking Softly and Carrying a Big Fucking Stick" - Zach G.
nicolas

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 12:44:46 pm »

just did exactly that this week  Grin
Martin S.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 17:16:45 pm »

Yesterday I pointed the bug at this area as there was a German VW dealership having a 50y anniversary party with free Octoberfest.
“The Trent–Severn Waterway is a 386 kilometres (240 mi)-long canal route connecting Lake Ontario at Trenton to the Georgian Bay, Lake Huron at Port Severn. Its major natural waterways include the Trent River, Otonabee River, the Kawartha Lakes, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching and the Severn River. Its scenic, meandering route has been called "one of the finest interconnected systems of navigation in the world".[1]”
On the way back I had the pleasure of a local who knew the back roads well. We had a blast. Our cars stuck together pretty well! After he said , “your bug hauls ass!” and he did mention the cool air.  lol

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
nicolas

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 12:19:30 pm »

“The Trent–Severn Waterway is a 386 kilometres (240 mi)-long canal route connecting Lake Ontario at Trenton to the Georgian Bay, Lake Huron at Port Severn. Its major natural waterways include the Trent River, Otonabee River, the Kawartha Lakes, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching and the Severn River. Its scenic, meandering route has been called "one of the finest interconnected systems of navigation in the world".[1]”

never heard of it... probably that tells more about me than the waterway, but it's as big as my country...  Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 12:55:16 pm »

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 23:57:15 pm by Nico86 » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: