The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 13:29:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  VW shop tour LA september 2019
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VW shop tour LA september 2019  (Read 2872 times)
Eddie DVK

« on: October 20, 2019, 10:13:48 am »

So went for a holiday this year, decided we were going to make a trip to Vegas and LA.
Finally going to homeland/city of California Look.
As I was travelling with my friends who are not really car (VW) people, but off course they know of my VW hobby,
I told them that I would do a shop tour visiting VW shops as we were in LA.

After 6 days in Vegas we drove with a little d tour via Death Valley to LA.
Ooh cool thing in Vegas was they showed/lined up the Nascar cars on the strip, they were to compete that Sunday in Vegas.

After a few days adjusting to LA, it was time to visit some shops.
Where else to start first than the Berg shop.
Told them that I was visiting from Europe and if I could have a tour in the shop, which was no problem at all.
The shop is as chaotic as people told me, stuff everywhere…. which was so cool.
So saw one off the 'Holy grailes' of VW racing the Berg car, the powder puff beetle and a few other cars they were working on.
Had I nice talk, the engine of the Berg s car was pulled and out of the car, was surprised to see that
they used two Porsche cylinders to make one so they are long enough for the big stroke the engine uses.
Looked my eyes out and bought some stuff i could take with me in my suitcase.

End off we went to an other shop. [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:27:26 am by Eddie » Logged

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
Eddie DVK

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 10:15:16 am »

a few more

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
Eddie DVK

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 10:17:36 am »

So Next up FAT performance.
Which I like to visit because of, they also build Type 4 engines.
As I also have a Type 4 in my looker, would like to know what they have to say about it.
Well ask the same could I have a tour, which was again not a problem.
Looked a bit around and then Engine builder at FAT Roland Rascon came to showed us around.
As at bergs, he took the time to talk to me.. Had a good conversation on building type 4 engines for an hour
and gained some tricks and tips... Again very pleasant welcomed.

Of to the next shop.

Regards Edgar

Eddie DVK

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 10:36:58 am »

Next stop EMPI,  I did not know they don t really have a showroom/shop, but a very big warehouse.
Had to wait a while, but was picked up in front of the door, and again it was no problem to get a tour.
Was welcomed by Henry, he asked me what I wanted to see… a said the EMPI glory.
Started walking and talking, also over vw cars, callook he showed me his car, and hey I know that car.
Turned out that Henry, was Henry Meyeda of DKK cal look club. we talked a lot about Callook cars and he showed
me the stuff that EMPI is doing in the moment to deliver good parts…  there were a lot of people checking and testing
stuff in the warehouse, also shook hands with Jack Sacchette, who was machining his famous JayCee stuff now for empi.
Man did Henry took time for me, we walked and talked for 2 hours what a very nice person he is.
He invited me to come to DKK's Carbs and Coffee om sunday, but I had to fly home at saturday.
Did not made a picture with him which was a shame..

« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 07:23:16 am by Eddie » Logged

Regards Edgar

Eddie DVK

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 10:40:28 am »

Man, a big thank you to al you LA vw guys who showed me around and took (a lot of) time to talk with me.
Goes to show what a cool thing the aircooled/callook world is.

Thank you.

Hope to go back soon and visit some more shops and shows.

Ooooh did see this cool thing in person at Malibu beach.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 07:25:07 am by Eddie » Logged

Regards Edgar

MegaRookie

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 13:17:52 pm »

Sounds like you had a good time out there Eddie!  Smiley

Mark
andy198712

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 14:28:07 pm »

thats really nice they took the time to show you around, i'm sure they are very busy people too!
Eddie DVK

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 07:26:19 am »

Sounds like you had a good time out there Eddie!  Smiley

Mark

I did, and not only at the vw shops.

Regards Edgar

Eddie DVK

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 07:28:42 am »

thats really nice they took the time to show you around, i'm sure they are very busy people too!

Yes it was

Regards Edgar

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: