The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 00:19:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Motul 300V Drag Racing?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Motul 300V Drag Racing?  (Read 12526 times)
PPRMicke

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2021, 10:12:45 am »

Hi Micke, yes i have checked Persåker and they have Driven (Joe Gibbs) in several viscosities, the only downside is price. It gets expensive with drysump and 8L volume  Cheesy

Motul Sport Ester 5w50 can be purchased online 2x5L for around 90EUR, the same amount of Driven would cost 182EUR, so about twice as expensive, thats why i am wondering if the Motul oil would be suitable for a street car as well, the car will only ever be driven in the summer so i am not too worried about the 50 viscosity being too heavy, will have pressure bypass in the filter mount.

Regards
Tobias
Just for info Tobias
On our engines we only drive with Kandall (GT-1)
Johan's 1600 looked really nice after 20 hours with 2.6bar and a lot of E85 in the oil
I've only ridden it or Brad Penn for the last 20 years of mine and those around me
Expensive maybe but if it's ok it's cheap I think Then I have 12 l in the tank
Johan 9 Andreas 8
I have had the opportunity to send the oil for analysis through work to see how it has been after a weekend and then it has been good
If you go together and buy an oil barrel, it will be a very good price per L (SEK 70 for Kendall
/// Micke
Tobias Bylund

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2021, 11:48:23 am »

Thanks guys for the opinions! Yes, if the oil works well then it is a cheap insurance against problems. I have some time to decide anyway, i need to finish the car first, then do break-in, just received a case of amsoil break in oil that will be used first before changing to running oil!
PPRMicke

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2021, 14:42:58 pm »

Thanks guys for the opinions! Yes, if the oil works well then it is a cheap insurance against problems. I have some time to decide anyway, i need to finish the car first, then do break-in, just received a case of amsoil break in oil that will be used first before changing to running oil!
You have to keep in mind if you drive with E85 that it breaks down the oil
Some synthetic oils are not suitable for alcohol
E85, some oils can work     But if it is methanol, minerals are able to decompose
If it is E85 that you use, I can recommend that you have an electric heater in the tank so you can boil the alcohol from the oil (78 gC)
And should have an oil temp above 85 gC while driving (preferably 90 gC
/// Micke
Tobias Bylund

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2021, 09:56:58 am »

Yes, will use e85, the oils i have in mind are all compatible with e85 according to the manufacturers. I dont think i will manage to use a heater in the tank, i thought about it, but i couldn´t find a 12v heater that would fit, and the regular ones with external 230v power seemed a little too complicated for a street car.

Oil temp above 85-90 should not be a problem on our aircooled cars i would have thought? I have a thermostat that opens at 80deg to let oil through to the external cooler, but i fully expect temps to continue to climb after that as well.

Oils i am considering:

Driven HR4 10w30
Amsoil z-rod 10w30
Motul Sport Ester 5w50
Royal Purple HPS 10w30
alex d

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2021, 10:31:35 am »

Lots of good information here! Funnily enough, here in Spain Motul markets de Sport Ester oil in 5w40 but not the 5w50  Huh

j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2021, 22:54:59 pm »

For us, European users, is there a better API specs to look?
They are so much brands and type of oil that is impossible to know what to buy, but if we could narrow it to a specifical API numbers and choose the grade that best suits our engine, it would be easier.
I used Total rubia tir 7400 15w40 for years in my stocker with succes, but I don't know what to choose for my soon to be 78x94 alu case engine for my bus.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: