The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 21:49:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  where has the perfect 2 litre thread gone?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: where has the perfect 2 litre thread gone?  (Read 3755 times)
alex d

« on: November 14, 2007, 15:35:34 pm »

Huh Huh
nicolas

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 21:13:04 pm »

Angry

yeah where is that? i liked it too.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 21:34:33 pm »

sorry guys I got rid of it. I was afraid it might turn into a "what is a street car" argument. I don't want to see arguments here...."I can run 13:1 with my squashy pistons on 87 octane"...bla bla bla.....I like the folklore of the Lounge don't want to turn it into a techno-keyboard battle field.

Or like Herbert used to say "go race your calculators"

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 21:52:26 pm »

No need to pull the plug on stuff like that Ratto,  the Lounge is all about freedom!
And as you know, the door of freedom swings both ways....

If some want to get all scientific - let them, we are all different (at least most of us Grin) and be liberal....

Hey we even let people with the trim stil fitted play!  Grin Cheesy Grin Grin

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 21:58:43 pm »

Roll Eyes

alright, have at it guys....throw your ideas out...

2050cc max....build the best street motor (on paper  Roll Eyes) you can think of.
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 22:16:06 pm »

Roll Eyes

alright, have at it guys....throw your ideas out...

2050cc max....build the best street motor (on paper  Roll Eyes) you can think of.

Hmmm,

I like 2054cc, Jimmyboy to bad... Cry Cry Cry

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 08:20:19 am »

Already posted on the old thread Grin

Fast vw beetle's rule
nicolas

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 08:58:10 am »

wel let just keep it cool and i think there are some people here on the lounge right now builing several engines ranging from 1914's to 2054 so i think it would be great to know what does what, myself i am building the 2007 version for my type3. and it won't make big power ( i hoped for something around 130) but it allready is said to be able to achieve more. anyway i hope i can start to build it in the near future and i hope that i can give you guys some stories about how it performs for me. will it meet my expectations, and so on. for now i just i hope i can build it and not F#çk it up because i did something wrong.
i have had a lot of input from all different people and i can say that there IS NO an WILL NOT BE a consensus, but that is the point of all this really. all in good fun and respect for eachother.

so here is what i have come up with so far

78x90.5
FK8 on 1.4's
fullflow with blocked of original cooler and a external cooler with fan
40X35 heads fully reworked
i will keep my 1 1/2 header for the moment with bugpack hideaway muffler
and carbs will be 40idf's or 42 DCNF's (berg specials), maybe santa knows...  Grin
all this will go into a type3 engine setup and will be driven on the road mostly.
my peronal aim is a nice torquey engine. but we will see.
alex d

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 11:01:50 am »

sorry guys I got rid of it. I was afraid it might turn into a "what is a street car" argument. I don't want to see arguments here...."I can run 13:1 with my squashy pistons on 87 octane"...bla bla bla.....I like the folklore of the Lounge don't want to turn it into a techno-keyboard battle field.

Or like Herbert used to say "go race your calculators"

as long as this doesn't turn in a "what's a street calculator" argument  Grin Grin

has anyone driven an early 911S? I haven't, but it looks on paper as the perfect 2 liter to me
folkevogn

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 13:22:06 pm »

I`m gone respect your wish Jim, and lay the calculator down this time  Wink Grin I get your point. I can se how easy it is to get off topic, some times its nice to keep it simple. You avoid most of the discussions. I have the tendensy to get caute up in a discussion and forget what the topic really is about Roll Eyes

Well, here we go

-78mm crank
-short rods(porsche)
-90.5mm bore
-1.4 : 1 rockers
10 : 1 compression
-FK 8
-42mm x 37.5mm heads(small ports)
-48 IDA(offcourse Smiley)
-rotating linkage mounted on the center of the crankcase 
-tall scat trak manifolds
-full flow with the filter inside the rear fender
-1 5/8" header
-dobble QP muffler

" the perfect 2 litre thread"
Btw, who`s gone be the judge of this competition?  Wink
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 13:36:40 pm by folkevogn » Logged

11.96 @ 180kmh - SCC 2013 Grin
richie

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 13:24:08 pm »

Having driven Dave rhoads car a fair but I have to say it would be a good candidate,could do with a taller rear tyre to help the gearing a little,like anything that sees street and strip time there is always a compromise,and in this instant its the 26inch tyres used at the track and the 185/70 used on the road.The engine itself it very drivable and docile in traffic.

Another candidate would have to be my buddys 2054,this was built on a real budget and parts were sourced from all the risky places like ebay etc,it has a cheap nasty looking 74mm crank,I beam rods,early ally case,regular mahle piston/cylinders,044 heads,FK44 with the notorious scat lube a lobes lifters,48idfs[he hasnt even rejetted them],my old 1 3/4 header,stage 1 clutch and regular unsprung clutch disc,he put this in his girlfriends 1302 super beetle and has run best 14.0 with stock gearing,all steel car nothing done to lighten it at all,they have used it every chance they get,drove it to EBI this year and it just keeps on going,this was also his first engine build.

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: