The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:05:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350685 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Italian ANSA lovers for VW's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Italian ANSA lovers for VW's  (Read 3485 times)
1957lowlight

Philip Steenackers

« on: April 13, 2020, 14:32:07 pm »

Hello guys,

It was rader per accident that I choose an ANSA exhaust when I needed an exhaust for my oldspeed engine in the Ghia, but I love it ever since it's on it.  I would like to know if there are more VW enthousiasts loving the Italian ANSA for there VW motor?  ANSA was very popular in the days, producing also exhaust for rare Ferarri's, Lamborgini's and Detomaso's.  I have 2 ANSA exhausts, an NOS one on the picture and a rechromed one, witch sounds different because the rechroming proces that took away the glasspack inside.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 14:33:47 pm by 1957lowlight » Logged
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 20:11:22 pm »

I have one for a long time stored in my barn. But only the silencer. Always love the way they look, and the overall quality. That thing is heavy !
Very loud if I recall the last time I actually heard one.
I don't know why they aren't more popular though.
andrewlandon67

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 21:08:24 pm »

Hello guys,

It was rader per accident that I choose an ANSA exhaust when I needed an exhaust for my oldspeed engine in the Ghia, but I love it ever since it's on it.  I would like to know if there are more VW enthousiasts loving the Italian ANSA for there VW motor?  ANSA was very popular in the days, producing also exhaust for rare Ferarri's, Lamborgini's and Detomaso's.  I have 2 ANSA exhausts, an NOS one on the picture and a rechromed one, witch sounds different because the rechroming proces that took away the glasspack inside.

It looks really similar to the cheap small-flange EMPI glasspack muffler, but that one goes off to the other side of the car.

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

"Walking Softly and Carrying a Big Fucking Stick" - Zach G.
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 21:59:58 pm »

Hello guys,

It looks really similar to the cheap small-flange EMPI glasspack muffler, but that one goes off to the other side of the car.

They do look similar, but nothing to compare in term of quality. Ansa are very heavy and well made ;-)
andrewlandon67

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 22:05:23 pm »

Hello guys,

They do look similar, but nothing to compare in term of quality. Ansa are very heavy and well made ;-)

I don't doubt that!

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

"Walking Softly and Carrying a Big Fucking Stick" - Zach G.
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 22:24:40 pm »

We all ran an Ansa back in the '70s over here - not much else around. The glassfibre packing lasted a month or two. Very loud and probably no more efficient than a factory silencer. But they looked cool...  Cool

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
1957lowlight

Philip Steenackers

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 06:17:29 am »

OK, so my NOS one will sound like the chromed one (without glasspack) after a while ;-)
karl h

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 06:46:43 am »

in Austria they were very popular in the 80ies, it was my first "sport" exhaust.
i still have one with the collector cut off...

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 08:58:35 am »

OK, so my NOS one will sound like the chromed one (without glasspack) after a while ;-)

Definitely!  Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
max Der Bahnstormerz

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 19:22:58 pm »

I used to sell them back in the day, much better quality than the US exhausts.
I really liked the sigle quiet pack, perfect for a small motor.

Tried both the glass pack and quiet pack on my bug in the late 80's.
Baz54

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 19:40:03 pm »

We all ran an Ansa back in the '70s over here - not much else around. The glassfibre packing lasted a month or two. Very loud and probably no more efficient than a factory silencer. But they looked cool...  Cool
Hi, yes I had one on mine late 70s. I had just started going out with the wife and the neighbours had a whip-round for a new exhaust. We settled on me dropping her off a few streets away . Grin Grin   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: