The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:17:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  scat c25 out of spec
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: scat c25 out of spec  (Read 2431 times)
JIMP

« on: May 10, 2020, 20:51:50 pm »

Hello all, I have an issue with a T4 c25 cam, first time happens to have that much of an error on cam and I'm not sure how I go past over this issue, as in the intake opening is relatevily OK -like 2 degrees retard in the actual wheel position the intake closing comes wayy later, instead of 47? degrees ABDC -if i recall correctly- closes at 55 degrees, so seems as being bigger actual duration, its more close to tthe c35 I think  but its max lift matches the  c25. now question is, I drop it completely and go for another one? -as I suggest I have to check all 4 lobes to be sure we're OK- or I use it as is but I dial it at 108o inlet lobe as is the manufacturer recomendation? let  me hear your thougths please

Friendly

Dimitrios
JIMP

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 08:28:12 am »

OK back to the topic, I saw again the spec card for the scats, so my cam seems to be a C35 actually as duration BUT with a C25 lift! has anyone had any experience with those -or other- camshafts? as after the c25 spec was way retarded, I modified the wheel to get advance, so now I have IO 16,75o   IC 50,5o so like 107o inlet lobe center (106,875o to be precise). and so I leave as this is the recomendation of scat for c35 (it has IO 17o IC 51o   so 107o center)

BUT max lift is per c25 spec, its 8,65mm (advertised 8,89mm)

I'm thinking of leaving it as is, I;ll try to get also a measurement from the exhaust lobe to check whats happening, as I;m afraid now that maybe it has more issues, did you had any issues of this kind or just me eyes -and mind probably- need calibration? maybe I have to be reseted before going further and get it from the beginning!

friendly

Dimitrios
Dougy Dee

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 13:31:38 pm »

Cust bought a T1 C25 cam for me to use in 2018. 3 lobes had different lift profiles... Base circles were different.
What a goofy mess.

CIP! said "WHAT? Never".

JIMP

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 20:15:15 pm »

This is what I\m afraid of, if it happened to one lobe what tells me its Ok to the others? and I have to check now all of them to see whats happening, good thing is I have another one from another guy, bought from another part so probably other banch, I would like to see if OK or the error is there repeatably. Dont ask me why as I dont know the answer but never was a fan of scat cams, I have used webcam and engle for "simple" motors and JPM for the special ones, never had an issue like that

Friendly

Dimitrios
Martin S.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 23:06:34 pm »

The ladies at Webcam would never let that out the door  Grin

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
JIMP

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 20:36:09 pm »

yes Martin, probably you're right on this!

Friendly

Dimitrios
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: