The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 19:58:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Misaligned Engine/Exhaust Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Misaligned Engine/Exhaust Question  (Read 1932 times)
Jimbosmith

« on: August 16, 2020, 22:04:58 pm »

Hello all

I have a question. Fitting merged headers onto my engine. All new rear assembl. My engine/exhaust however seems to be misaligned.  I did have to modify my Empi Rear Cradle quite a lot to get it to fit as it was causing the engine to sit too high.  But now, im thinking that its causing the whole assembly to sit off center with the body. Im tempted to just swap back to an original gearbox cradle, unless i haven't fitted the headers correctly. I have attached some photos from the time i have owned the bug, Its never been a issue with the original exhausts or a old bugpack system i have had. Any opinions?

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 22:09:37 pm by Jimbosmith » Logged
Jimbosmith

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 22:06:22 pm »

Ignore the Rear Valance for now as its just resting in place and not fixed.  Also note, i have had a different merged header installed from a different company and same issue.  Perhaps im not installing it square.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 22:10:47 pm by Jimbosmith » Logged
Garrick Clark

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 10:10:33 am »

It's common for the merged outlet not to be exactly in the middle of the valance. You see it more with twin mufflers. With a single muffler your eye doesn't see it

Air cooled Engine builder
Jimbosmith

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 21:16:41 pm »

It's common for the merged outlet not to be exactly in the middle of the valance. You see it more with twin mufflers. With a single muffler your eye doesn't see it

Thanks, i have managed to align it a bit closer to the middle. But yeah i think it will always be like that.  I do have a Turbo/phatboy style muffler also so can always swap.  But going to try run this duel setup see what the noise levels are like
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: