The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:45:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Fuel injection
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fuel injection  (Read 11621 times)
Garrick Clark

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2020, 09:55:15 am »

Would using the Dells with just the throttle blades work as throttle bodies. Injector bosses welded into the manifolds.

Air cooled Engine builder
PPRMicke

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2020, 14:35:56 pm »

Micke:those are the FAJS ones right?Do you have experience with them?Are they any good?

Cheers,Arnoud

FAJS a company in China that makes very nice carburetors
The quality is very nice even on their copies.
 Used a lot in folk racing and Rally   (A cheaper form of rallycross  ) in Sweden
/// Micke
PPRMicke

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2020, 14:44:50 pm »

Yeah that's a good price. So once the throttle bodies in place what  is a common ECU to use that can self tune
Yes
It's just the hardware
The ECU is up to using what suits you best
I know a car that has them 45mm In it they have 1040 whk  (So that should be enough)
/// Micke
Garrick Clark

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2020, 17:51:50 pm »

Dells as throttle bodies would help me get a better ECU

MegaRookie

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2020, 18:26:29 pm »

That would also be a nice option, seen the fajs before, but bought the vw speedshop ones because the fajs were not big enough in my opinion Cheesy but I saw that they also sell bigger ones now.

As for using the dells as tb's that should be a possibility. A friend of my has 48 ida's as tb's. I dont know if it is needed to block the fuel/idle circuit, but maybe nice to machine the venturi for 40mm, because you don't need it anymore.

Regarding the ecu, I use Megasquirt 2 (extra, sequential ignition) for years now. I know there are a lot of other brands on the market, but don't have any experience with them.

Mark
Garrick Clark

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2020, 19:45:06 pm »

Thanks Mark.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 18:04:25 pm by Garrick Clark » Logged

andy198712

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2020, 17:12:28 pm »

Thanks Mark.

i'm another one for Megasquirt, ran MS1 2.2 which is very old, for a long time, then i built a V3 board and now just starting it with MS3 V3 which is a huge step up....

are you planning on tuning it your self or taking it to somewhere in particular? in which case check what they tune...  Cool
Garrick Clark

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2020, 17:49:28 pm »

Well. If my last of many last attempts at Dell blow through doesn't work I'm looking for some reputable shop to fit n tune it.

Orb

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2020, 08:51:36 am »

If you’re looking for someone to tune it then Ed at Fusion Motorsports is your man. He’s mapped many 500+HP turbo VW motors and knows his onions. https://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/

The ECU question is a whole can of worms as each have their followers. As people have said before choose who you’re going to use to map it and take their recommendation. I use OMEX on mine now and am very happy with it but Syvecs are amazing (but a bit overkill for my N/A motor).

I’m using the CB 48mm throttle bodies which are fine, been running them for over 10 years but don’t know if they’re boost suitable. I shall be putting together a boosted motor soon and will use Jenveys on that, great kit, good price and a UK company so good support.

Orb
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 13:05:55 pm by Orb » Logged

dannyboy

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2020, 14:03:29 pm »

max ecu is amazing and very well priced .dta will get it done ,but by the time you have bought wideband and data logging you can buy a max that has it all inbuilt  also has 8x egt/cht k type inputs wired to loom
vw speedshop throttle bodies are good and well priced your dells are probably worth as much as a set of speedshop t/bs ?

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: