The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 00:00:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Gilmer belt drive for VW
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gilmer belt drive for VW  (Read 4106 times)
Kaferdog
DKK

« on: September 14, 2020, 06:07:47 am »

Any one know anything about this set ..? I know it's Gilmer belt drive for VW...I'm looking for belt size and any pics

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
leec

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 08:18:04 am »

Hi,

I down know anything about it, but if you can find out the belt specs I can get you a price for replacement belts
Lee
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 18:38:15 pm »

Thanks Lee..!

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
j-dub

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 01:49:19 am »

I have a set of what looks exactly like that still in the package, Race-Trim on the package.

Did Gilmer produce it and race-Trim was maybe just a reseller?
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 09:12:38 am »

I have a set of what looks exactly like that still in the package, Race-Trim on the package.

Did Gilmer produce it and race-Trim was maybe just a reseller?

Good question..! There are two different one's 1 aluminum and one cast..Huh Do you have a pic of your package..! I'd like to see it..?

j-dub

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 16:20:15 pm »

Sure, I can post some pictures. I actually have a bit more than one complete kit, it has two different crank pulleys and several extra belts. I will take the photos and post them tonight.

Jeremy
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 18:47:41 pm »

Thanks Jeremy...!

j-dub

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 02:40:14 am »

Some pictures of what I have

For comparison of the two different pulley sizes:

No clear markings on the belts that you could use to cross reference unfortunately.
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 07:48:11 am »

Oh very kool...! The one in the package is exactly the one I have..! it's brand new but no belt and no package..!!.. Thanks' Jeremy ..I don't plan to run it but kool to have..!

j-dub

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 16:19:19 pm »

Next to the Bottom Dead Center mark is the labels P and B. What do you think those mean? If B indicates BDC, what would P mean?

thanks,
Jeremy
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 00:01:46 am »

I wondered about that also..?

ibg

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 05:21:56 am »

Past TDC (top dead centre)  and Before TDC?
j-dub

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2020, 03:01:22 am »

I saw that you posted for sale on the Samba. Curious if it sells and what it sells for?
nlvtinman

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 05:06:25 am »

As a note of caution, if you use this pulley combination, be sure to have your fan welded. As the belt doesn't slip if 'reved high, the fan can explode inside the shroud. I had it happen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: