The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:44:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  My 69 V8 turbo bug - Wheelsup racing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My 69 V8 turbo bug - Wheelsup racing  (Read 2485 times)
jeff01

« on: November 12, 2020, 20:16:16 pm »

Hi guys I´m back in this great forum (Lost my password and took some time to get it working again )
I usually keep my updates on my fb page www.facebook.com/WhlsUp
But  I would like to share some new material with you also.
1 year ago I was thinking that I took a bit too large bite but no ways back, no regret and I started building my first tubular chassis It became 8.5s chassis  because that 8.5 seemed so far. Also I was far from my class index 8.9s

Bought some parts for getting it a bit faster and out form that nasty 9 sec:

* Dogbox internals with way longer first gear (Now I can see correct 60ft without gearchange in it like I used to)
* Three disc clutch (used one race on nascar)
* H profile rods for engine (Now I´m able to come out of the gay boost)
* Some work todo with aero and new look
* Some better and lighter rear wheels (-12kg from pair)
* 1" higher 2" wider new Hoosiers on rear end
* I need a suit because I passed 240km/h limit
* Some extra sensors for better start
* Some modifications with boost solenoid for more agressive start - I´ll try to add 1 spring and get it to closed loop finally
* I´ll try to make it look better so I sandblasted it and it has a paint on the frame now and I´m dealing with alloy stuff installation and fabrication.

After that all it took me a whole season to catch my last years best time what was 9.0 because I made too many changes and this clutch started breaking all different things and everything was changed. For the end of the season I was almost getting to holding it in one piece and as all the races were over I decided to organize my own test-day in september and we succeeded. The weather was really good and I was able to catch 8,8sec and repeat it 3 times totally, with quite bad 60ft but we were impressed by the trap speed. Our massive work finally payed off, it had 18km/h more trap speed than last years best.

Now I´m really thinking that I can get that 0.8 off the time and started preparations for next season  to make it to 7sec Cheesy it sounds quite insane but there are some tights where the real potential is locked and we try to make it faster for season 2021 I know that 7 can´t come easy but we just hope and try.

We already added about a hundred horses on dyno, ordered some nitrous and bigger turbo also. My plan is to stretch the chassis  and make it maybe even lighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvzWavTT4YM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2YJMzDVfRr6Ypk044B4K818UnL_1YIr0VYbLuomyk_T4kkVVPL6b09rSM
Jesse Wens

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 11:51:26 am »

Hey,

Those are some impressive numbers.
The look of the car intriges me Smiley  don't hate it for sure

Some serieus tech going on there.
Can you share some specs on engine and gearbox?

Thanks for sharing, I would like to see more.

thinking out of the box will get you to go faster cheaper in the long run, time is on my side
brewsy

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 21:03:20 pm »

Just looked on FB and it sounds rock hard!!!  Smiley Cheesy

Nice machine
leec

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 09:31:19 am »

Cool car
Really like the floor in the chassis
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: