The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 15:12:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  CB Performance Builder's Choice Kits
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CB Performance Builder's Choice Kits  (Read 1172 times)
andrewlandon67

« on: February 15, 2021, 18:18:32 pm »

So this is likely still a few years away due to little money and no space, but I've been bouncing around ideas in my head for the next engine for my '67 for a while and while I've come up with a few different combinations that seem likely to work well, I keep getting drawn back to the CB Performance 2332 kit. One of the combinations I've thought of is an 84x94 about 10:1 compression with an FK-87 and some larger "wedge port" style heads. While I know that combo might be a bit high-strung, I'm looking at turning my bug into more of an occasional driver instead of the summer/fall daily I've been using it as for the past few years anyways. The CB kit I'm considering is the Builder's Choice 2332, running their slightly-milder version of the FK-87 and bigger heads than I was initially considering, but it seems like it'd be pretty damn close to what I came up with for a larger stroker motor in my head. Another thing that's really attractive to me about going this way is, for lack of a better word, it's cheaper than putting together a motor piecemeal, even though I'd be compromising a bit in some of the "custom" department, and if I drive it around for a while and I'm not 100% happy with it, I can sell off some parts to buy what I want and still have a good stroker motor base to build on top of.

What I'd like to know is if anyone on here has anything to say regarding the quality of any of the components, or if I really would be better off assembling the parts that I want over a longer period of time, or anything like that. I know I'll be sacrificing heat and driveability and maybe a bit of my car's reliability, and I'm not really concerned with specific power numbers, although the car will be going on a dyno eventually with whatever I end up building. I'm going to use their recommendations for carbs and exhaust as well, so no need to worry about those. So yeah, let me know what y'all think or you'd stay away from! Like I said, this is still a few years down the road, but I really want to go into it with a solid knowledge base.

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

"Walking Softly and Carrying a Big Fucking Stick" - Zach G.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: