The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 16:55:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Inlet manifold gaskets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Inlet manifold gaskets  (Read 1526 times)
Karlos99

« on: April 18, 2021, 00:10:12 am »

evening all

I’ve got a 2110 with cb 044 ultra mag heads and idas on scat tracs, it has an appetite for blowing inlet manifold gaskets (head to Manifold) I use the fibre gaskets which I match the ports and torque the manifolds down to 16 lbs ft with flanged m8 nuts. It’s not a difficult job I know but it is getting rather tedious Rolling Eyes

Never had this issue when I had the old drd heads with 44’s on CSP manifolds, used the same gaskets, hardware and torque setting. Scratching my head a bit now...  Confused is it down to poor quality gaskets? The lack of material between the inlet port? Would a sealant be better? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
PPRMicke

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 08:54:07 am »

evening all

I’ve got a 2110 with cb 044 ultra mag heads and idas on scat tracs, it has an appetite for blowing inlet manifold gaskets (head to Manifold) I use the fibre gaskets which I match the ports and torque the manifolds down to 16 lbs ft with flanged m8 nuts. It’s not a difficult job I know but it is getting rather tedious Rolling Eyes

Never had this issue when I had the old drd heads with 44’s on CSP manifolds, used the same gaskets, hardware and torque setting. Scratching my head a bit now...  Confused is it down to poor quality gaskets? The lack of material between the inlet port? Would a sealant be better? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hello
I would start to see if the contact surfaces are straight on the intake
Sometimes it takes a few mm in the cooling plate at the intake towards the fan cover
Would not think it is the fault of the gasket it breaks
What about the contact surface at the head? Have you checked it?
Karlos99

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 18:42:55 pm »

Not really looked into it yet. Done about 3500 since motor was rebuilt with these heads, the manifolds & IDA’s. This has only been happening In under the last 1000 miles. Changed the gaskets 4-5 times in that time frame
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: