The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:09:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  CB cam sync for sequential injection
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CB cam sync for sequential injection  (Read 1854 times)
Lukej

« on: August 20, 2021, 18:01:58 pm »

Instructions don't quite stack up, or I can't make sense of it anyway...
CB say it uses a hall output, so that takes me to page 5.2.14.3 Adding a cam sensor input - hall or logic sensor
MS Extra says the output should be 0-5v. Is this the case?

Next it says red should be connected to switched live 5v to 16v, so I guess any switched 12v live off my relay board is fine, or 5v of TPSREF, and then grounded at the MS sensor ground. Which all makes sense, likely just supply 12v unless there's a good reason to use 5v?

This is the bit I don't get...
The blue wire- the signal- goes to TACHIN, pin 24. But that's where my crank trigger goes to.

How have people gone fully seq. with an MS2 v3.0?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 18:47:34 pm by Lukej » Logged
Martin S.

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 15:33:37 pm »

I don't know anything about MS, but I have Electromotive Tec3r which is similar.

Mine uses the stock distributor points (with only one lobe) as a trigger for the cam sensor.
There is a pin on the ECU that is for the cam sensor and another for the crank sensor.
In my setup the distributor points ground out that pin which is cylinder #1 firing.

The 5V is for Hall effect triggers, which I don't have. What trigger do you have?

There should be a separate pin for the the cam sensor, from my manual:

"The cam sensor cable should only be used for the “sync” pulse from the cam-mounted trigger wheel on sequential applications. If you are unsure which cable is for the crank sensor, measure the resistance between pin G9 on the Tec3-r harness and the red wire coming out of both the crank and cam cables. The wire that reads zero resistance to pin G9 is the crank sensor wire."

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: