The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 17:48:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351095 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Pics off Rick Mortensen's 67??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Pics off Rick Mortensen's 67??  (Read 9353 times)
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 04:35:06 am »

Hi everyone!  Anyone that wants shots of my 67 is welcome to email me. I have a bunch. I'll also be glad to answer any questions you have of it.  You can still view me doing a burnout on OCEAN STREET VIDEOs Burnout Downloads.  It is titled the nicest street bug ever! How funny.  I thought it was just a cool car and fun to screw around with V8 owners with.

Donny B and I had one of the most enjoyable times of our life in 1997 when we drove our cars from Arizona to Salt Lake City, joined Art Thraen and some others and drove to Auburn Hills, Michigan and back.  5200 mile round trip with a 2110 motor, Dean Lowry heads, Porsche Length/Porsche jounal H beam rods hung on my 82mm stroker crank. The PAUTER Cam was driveable but still a 13.90 car.  I built it to be a traditional Cal Looker like the cars we built in the 70's.  In fact, if you visit the Nostalgia portion of the Cal Look forum, there are pics I send to the webmaster from the early days of the Bug In and I posted a couple shots of my early white 67 with the traditional plaid interior too.

As for bra's,  forget ZAK's comments.  Mine stayed on my 67 for 5200 miles, with the exception of the shot stops and never rubbed the paint off.  If you buy crap you get crap results.  I paid for a top quality bra and the time and it was fine.  It was lined with a special backing and never hurt the paint. The cars paint job is 12 years old today and the GLAZURIT paint still looks good except for minor flaws. A friend locally bought the car and takes great care of it.

The first shot was in Wisconsin, at a dealership show. The second is my 2110 with IDAs. The third is my wife Anne driving the 67 somewhere in the midwest and I am riding with Art THraen in his 66 getting the picture. You may recognize the lady sitting in the passenger seat. It is none other than close friend Dee Berg, who was having too much fun with Anne in my car! The fourth shot shows my wicked traditional Cal Look stance...that I worked hard to get while building the car. The last shot is one of me at my own 1997 Spring Bug-O-Rama, the month before driving to Detroit, doing a burnout in my streetable 67.  It was the traditional 2nd gear smokem till they blow burnout!

Be sure and email me anytime if you want to chat VWs. 

Rick Mortensen
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 04:44:14 am by rick m » Logged

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 04:39:11 am »

Welcome to the lounge Rick M. That is such a cool car. Donny B. just sent me the HVW issue with his and your cars in it. Stop in and chat some time. Lots of cool folks here who love Cal-lookers.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
rick m

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 04:46:36 am »

I don't seem to have it. For some reason I have VWT back to 94 but my HVWs only go back to 97.

If you really want one let me know.

Rick Mortensen just attached a burnout picture of his car to Donny B's thread!

Rick Mortensen
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 04:51:11 am »

Now that is a cool pic.  Cool

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
stealth67vw

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 05:11:41 am »

Now that is a cool pic.  Cool

--louis

Check out the video  Cool scroll to the bottom.
http://www.oceanstreetvideo.com/download2.html

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2007, 05:52:08 am »

Good to have you here Rick! Long time no see!! I think it was last year at Vegas?? Chris and I will have to get in touch with you sometime soon and pick your brain about that tube axle Wink
Hope all is going well!!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
pupjoint

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2007, 21:13:58 pm »

i was 16 in 1996 and that Cal Look issue happened to be my first issue of Hot Vw.....
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2007, 21:41:49 pm »

cool! too bad the vid is not working on my mac.
but i've seen it before and i think there's a guy yelling, right?

i've had this pic on my pc for a long time, but i only just now recognised the similarities.
plus isn't there a pic of your old 67 featured on the intro page of cal-look.com?

your bra looks awesome too, where did you get it made?

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
rick m

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2007, 04:35:37 am »

Yes...my 67 is one of the cars that rotates on the CAL LOOK FORUM.  It has appeared in a couple shots in Keith Seume's books too.  He has a shot of my IDA motor, my front neal disc brakes and miscellaneous. Can't remember which book...since he has so many.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: