The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:33:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  SCC Cash_Days
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: SCC Cash_Days  (Read 6330 times)
PPRMicke

« on: October 12, 2022, 14:52:07 pm »

SCC Cash Days 2023
In the months following SCC 2022 we have been working on a new initiative. We want to put a bit of excitement into the drag racing in Europe! The trend of cash days has been a craze for years in the United states.

And we are now bringing it to SCC and the Volkswagen community!

We will invite the 32 fastest cars in Europe to fight it out at SCC 2023.

To be eligible you must have a recent time slip with a ET that lands you within the 32 spots.

The competition is hard, but the reward is substantial.

The winner of the last race takes home 5000 euro! And the second place gets 1000 euro!

Link https://www.sccevent.com/cash_days
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 14:55:16 pm by PPRMicke » Logged
richie

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 17:56:03 pm »

Sounds cool so are you going to use other end of track for this? Cash days is all No prep right?

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
richie

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 17:57:49 pm »

Also arm drop or flashlight start?

PPRMicke

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 18:47:15 pm »

It's the same as on DoorSlammers that you run on Santa Pod
/// M
PPRMicke

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 19:11:25 pm »

Technical inspection of cars according to Norwegian/FIA rules and regulations

Thirty-two (32) car ladder

The heats are determined by draw, new draw after each round

First car to cross the finish line wins the heat

Five-minute rule applies after first car initiate burn-out

Gentlemen’s start applies – both cars must be in pre-stage before going into stage. If going into stage before the opponent is in pre-stage, automatic disqualification applies

Deep stage not permitted
richie

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 19:56:43 pm »

It's the same as on DoorSlammers that you run on Santa Pod
/// M

Ok so not like cash days in USA?

mikko k

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 17:27:00 pm »

This is nice. But it’s for turbo and n.o.s gentlemans. Have to be very very lucky N/A guy to get to the last pair…
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 04:41:17 am by mikko k » Logged
leec

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 17:35:04 pm »

I have a n/a car, I got to the semi finals at Bug Jam this year in outlaw flat four in a field where on paper I was one of the slowest cars in the class. Anyone can break, miss a gear, jump the start etc
richie

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2022, 17:35:55 pm »

This is nice. But it’s for turbo and n.o.s gentlemans. Have to be very very lucky N/A quy to get to the last pair…

Hasn't Mexx run 8.70s N/A now?

mikko k

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2022, 19:15:20 pm »

This is nice. But it’s for turbo and n.o.s gentlemans. Have to be very very lucky N/A quy to get to the last pair…

Without nos? Wow!

But still turboguys like you run faster.. Your best were something like 7.xxx?
mikko k

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2022, 19:18:37 pm »

I have a n/a car, I got to the semi finals at Bug Jam this year in outlaw flat four in a field where on paper I was one of the slowest cars in the class. Anyone can break, miss a gear, jump the start etc

Thats why I wrote: ” Have to be very very lucky ”
richie

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2022, 21:06:26 pm »

Without nos? Wow!

But still turboguys like you run faster.. Your best were something like 7.xxx?

Yes i believe so, and yes maybe but thats a rare pass lots of aborted passes to get that one good pass

cheers Richie

Ghost

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 09:27:39 am »

Technical inspection of cars according to Norwegian/FIA rules and regulations, it's the same than we have here in France, Hockenheim and UK?
PPRMicke

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2022, 14:39:22 pm »

Technical inspection of cars according to Norwegian/FIA rules and regulations, it's the same than we have here in France, Hockenheim and UK?
If your drag racing association is fia connected
Are the rules the same throughout the EU?
Same with the license
Link to FIA https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/2022_final_technical_regulations_general_marked_up_-_en.pdf
PS
bump is pretty low on the list (<11)
/// Micke
karl h

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2022, 10:56:57 am »

8.682 to be exact

richie

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2022, 17:55:05 pm »

Same with the license
Link to FIA https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/2022_final_technical_regulations_general_marked_up_-_en.pdf
PS
/// Micke

I have had problems racing in different countries with tech inspection, every country does things differently and this creates a problem, as an example in Germany we were required to have a diaper on gearbox as well as engine and at Hockenhiem they didn't like to pass us without it!!!! Also chassis certs requirements are very different in most EU countries to those in UK

cheers Richie

PPRMicke

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2022, 20:03:50 pm »

Same with the license
PS
/// Micke

I have had problems racing in different countries with tech inspection, every country does things differently and this creates a problem, as an example in Germany we were required to have a diaper on gearbox as well as engine and at Hockenhiem they didn't like to pass us without it!!!! Also chassis certs requirements are very different in most EU countries to those in UK

cheers Richie
I know
Your car was discussed as to whether it was 8.5 or 7.5 when SFI Sweden was asked by the chassis inspector in the UK (I was asked how the chassis were built in vw if they were sfi 25-3) Before you modified to 7.5
But if you tag with Sfi tag, there shouldn't be any problems
  Follows the FIA rules with the time factor the car is tagged with
Like having a diaper that you say people complained about in Germany That's usually how it is on a 7.5 if it's an automatic box
I know there are kinder rules in England than in the EU
/// Micke
richie

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2022, 20:36:11 pm »

I know
Your car was discussed as to whether it was 8.5 or 7.5 when SFI Sweden was asked by the chassis inspector in the UK (I was asked how the chassis were built in vw if they were sfi 25-3) Before you modified to 7.5
But if you tag with Sfi tag, there shouldn't be any problems
  Follows the FIA rules with the time factor the car is tagged with
Like having a diaper that you say people complained about in Germany That's usually how it is on a 7.5 if it's an automatic box
I know there are kinder rules in England than in the EU
/// Micke

My car was SFi tagged for 7.50 in USA, and as it was current still when I shipped it to UK they accepted it and let me race like that. But when it came to recert in UK it was noticed it was wrong and should not have been Certed in USA for that SFi ET ever, and then when they looked into other cars they found that all RLR built chassis are illegal and don't comply to any SFi regs anywhere in world.
He was told not to build chassis like this anymore but is still doing it Angry   

Rules in UK are actually much stricter than most of europe, not kinder like you suggest.

Class we were running in when in Germany is only 8.90 index so that should be ET rules that are applied? I think so anyway, they never even looked at the SFi sticker to see what the ET on it is  Roll Eyes

PPRMicke

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2022, 11:23:24 am »

I know many cars from there are not legal to drive down to 8.5 Only 10.00 (We have checked many cars you are so right about that)
You are not the only one who has had trouble with the chassis in there from There has also been the wrong thickness of pipes
Would think that you don't need or you screw up the rules in the country (us) you drive without gloves as an example
If we are talking about Germany, it is the same in Sweden, the car is tagged 7.5, so it is 7.5 rules even if you belong to an 8.90 class with a Sfi tagged car (Sfi 25-3 chassis rules) But all countries have additional rules at major competitions such as Fia steering (I know swedish drivers have had problems there too
/// Micke
Ghost

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2022, 17:21:15 pm »

ok technical inspection can be a problem...
the car is UK certified but I’ve already had problems in Germany despite this one, so if the car runs next year I’ll have to take this into account
thanks
PPRMicke

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2022, 19:29:56 pm »

ok technical inspection can be a problem...
the car is UK certified but I’ve already had problems in Germany despite this one, so if the car runs next year I’ll have to take this into account
thanks
Do you not have a chassis inspector who can do SFI inspection
/// Micke
richie

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2022, 18:22:45 pm »

Micke

Two questions maybe you can answer Smiley

,1 What happens if event doesn't finish? due to weather or other track problems?

2, What happens if someone goes quicker than there car is legal to?

cheers Richie

PPRMicke

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2022, 19:18:25 pm »

Question No. 1 is there discussion about There will be info in March
No. 2 It is as usual in a safety regulation. If the car is classified as 7.50 and if you drive 7.499, you are not allowed to participate or play anymore. It is exactly the same as if you do not have a parachute and drive over 150 mph
But when I asked, they would be kind to minor things like if you drove like 7.479 would they be kind and give an attempt to back up with 1% This kind of thing can always be discussed with the race management and it has happened before
The FIA regulations are the same as the NHRA General Regulations, but they are delayed by one year
But it's always good to read through (it was like competing in Europe in go-karts. Those who knew the rules had a greater chance of winning)
Can you provide a link to UK rules
I am very interested in what it says in them, because the idea was to come and drive in  UK
/// M
Udo

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2022, 06:33:13 am »

Same with the license
PS
/// Micke

cheers Richie

Hi richie
In Germany we have now FIA rules that say we also need a shield around the gearbox , for NA cars too

Udo

richie

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2022, 07:59:04 am »

Hi richie
In Germany we have now FIA rules that say we also need a shield around the gearbox , for NA cars too

Udo

Hi Udo,

this was a oil containment tray underneath gearbox, like we have already under engine

cheers Richie

richie

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2022, 08:09:14 am »

No. 2 It is as usual in a safety regulation. If the car is classified as 7.50 and if you drive 7.499, you are not allowed to participate or play anymore. It is exactly the same as if you do not have a parachute and drive over 150 mph
But when I asked, they would be kind to minor things like if you drove like 7.479 would they be kind and give an attempt to back up with 1% This kind of thing can always be discussed with the race management and it has happened before
The FIA regulations are the same as the NHRA General Regulations, but they are delayed by one year
But it's always good to read through (it was like competing in Europe in go-karts. Those who knew the rules had a greater chance of winning)
I am very interested in what it says in them, because the idea was to come and drive in  UK
/// M

Ok thanks Smiley

I think they should stick to safety ET cut off 100%, if its only legal to 8.50 then can not go any faster, same with 7.50  etc. If you allow even 0.05 under then someone who runs 0.06 under will try to change rules for themselves and arguing starts Shocked Roll Eyes.

This is main problem with the UK rules, there are no real VW specific rules, a few things in general rules for rear engine cars but really they are meant for dragsters not our style cars. Chassis/cage stuff is in general rules but still there is no 100% clear specs for cages. The SFi stuff is ok and pretty clear now Smiley

Here is link to our rule book for MSA events, some variation may occur at FIA events though.

https://www.santapodracersclub.com/pdfs/msukdragracingrulebook.pdf

PPRMicke

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2022, 16:03:33 pm »

/// M

Ok thanks Smiley

I think they should stick to safety ET cut off 100%, if its only legal to 8.50 then can not go any faster, same with 7.50  etc. If you allow even 0.05 under then someone who runs 0.06 under will try to change rules for themselves and arguing starts Shocked Roll Eyes.

This is main problem with the UK rules, there are no real VW specific rules, a few things in general rules for rear engine cars but really they are meant for dragsters not our style cars. Chassis/cage stuff is in general rules but still there is no 100% clear specs for cages. The SFi stuff is ok and pretty clear now Smiley

Here is link to our rule book for MSA events, some variation may occur at FIA events though.

https://www.santapodracersclub.com/pdfs/msukdragracingrulebook.pdf

Now I have read through the UK rules
It says in many places that the FIA and /or Motorsport UK follow the same regulations when it comes to safety (there are some places that are VW specific) But there has never been any specific regulations for Vw It is only speed in ET or in MPH/Kmt If you read through, it is very clear that a car that is rated 10.00 must not go faster than 10.00. If it is 8.50, it is the same. There are certain details that differ between NOR/SWE/FIA/Motorsport UK cars that go faster than 8.5 it is SFI 25-4 chassis rules for everyone
So I wouldn't think there are any problems competing at SCC if you keep track of your tags on the car and safety equipment
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2023, 13:42:31 pm »

Good to see this interest in SCC Cash Days!  Cool The money will be divided and handed out if the racing is stopped for some reason.

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
karl h

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2023, 06:52:02 am »

mexx will come

spoolin70

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2023, 17:49:13 pm »

Any updates on this ?

Who took home the big bucks  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: