The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 13:16:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  1964 Callook bug - 25.900 EURO
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1964 Callook bug - 25.900 EURO  (Read 1798 times)
VWGlassee

« on: November 06, 2022, 23:12:26 pm »

I have decided to put my 1964 Callook bug for sale. After almost 12 years of ownership it’s time for something new.
The car has undergone a complete nuts and bolts restoration with an amazing attention to detail. The car is original from Sweden and was bought by me in march 2011. In September 2015 I decided to restore it. I finished the restoration in March 2020 turning it into a true California Look showcar. The amount of work and money I’ve put
into this build is crazy, and it shows!
The rear corners of the chassis have been welded, all the rest is still original metal. It has been sandblasted, bottom has been painted in shipstone paint and after that it has been completely painted in glossy black. The front beam is a 2” narrowed adjustable beam with CSP disc brakes. The gearbox is a rancho swing axle gearbox. Engine is a 1835cc engine producing 103,5hp and 156nm torque (measured on the wheels) with a beautiful A1 exhaust.
The heatherchannels are still the original ones, only the bottom of the heatherchannels needed to be replaced. The left rear quarter panel has been replaced by an original one from a California donor car. Also the doors are from a California donor car and are adjusted to fit one piece windows. Front apron has been replaced by an A-quality part. Rear apron has been shaved. Wheelarches in the back needed welding and bumperbrackets have been replaced. All the welding on the body has been done by Kevin from The Dub Cave who did an outstanding job! Body has been dechromed. Wheelarches and bottom of the body are painted in chipstone paint. The whole body is painted in Porsche Irish Green. The car sits on Flat4 BRM 5” and 6,5” wheels with 135/80 and 205/70 tires. Fenders are fiberglass Day Moulding wings. Front lights are equipped with Porsche headlight lenses.
Dashboard is customized to fit 2 Porsche gauges and 1 custom made Porsche fuel gauge. Light- and windscreenwiper buttons have been moved next to the ashtray to give the dashboard a clean look. The trim has been painted black to match the black Porsche gauges making it look just right! Extra gauges are tucked away in the
glove box. The steeringwheel is a 1965 Porsche 911 steeringwheel with a metal hockey puck hornbutton. The car is fitted with a Talbot rear view mirror, which has been adjusted so it is mounted on the body and not the frontwindow, and with a Talbot Berlin 333 mirror. Front seats are Porsche 914 seats with Simpson harness mounted to a custom made bar in the back. The backseat has been removed, giving it a clean and racy look! The interior has been upholstered in fat biscuit. The shifter is a Gene Berg short shifter. Interior and exterior have been treated with a Coating from Cartec giving it even more shine and making it easy to clean.
The car drives amazing, very comfortable (seats and suspension) and travels all distances! And off course it also sounds powerfull!
The car has won trophies and has been featured in Airmighty magazine and in the Californialook special in VolksWorld Magazine.
So are you ready for a beautiful and real Callook bug? A real headturner? And do you have the funds? Contact me!
€27.500,00 as is, but is negotiable.
CLUBSTICKERS AND HOOD EMBLEM WILL BE REMOVED AND ARE NOT INCLUDED!

More photos of all the work that has been done can be found HERE
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 23:12:33 pm by VWGlassee » Logged

Get In, Sit Down, Shut Up, & Hold On
VWGlassee

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 21:22:20 pm »

With video: https://youtu.be/RnLS_IlTRpk

Open for offers!  Cool

VWGlassee

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 23:12:16 pm »

NEW PRICE: 25.900 EURO