The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:25:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Cal look/Air cooled places in Berlin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cal look/Air cooled places in Berlin  (Read 1240 times)
leec

« on: November 29, 2022, 00:37:56 am »

Hi all,

This week sees me turn 40, and on Thursday I am heading to Berlin for a few days.

Anyone recommend any Air-cooled places to visit?

Thanks,
Lee
mymedusa

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 09:57:55 am »

What do you mean with aircooled places? Berlin is not known for it's big aircooled Szene. Just remember, the Volkswagen history with aircooled vw was a big lie to rob the people. They said they will build a cheap motorwagen so everybody can have one, and all what the people have to do ist just to give them their savings and trust. What they got was war, a broken country, death and ages of hate. And even a split country where the on side became the puppets of the west which got feed by their masters and also finaly getting their cheap beatle and the other side was the cheap production land for tham plus the elites...without the beetle Smiley so if you are searching for big lies than berlin will show you, but their new franchise is lgbtq+wtf@%??#. It's less mechanical geniouse Smiley
btw... I live close by and spend my half life there it's an interesting city but not in aircooled.

Whishes chris

mg

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 16:01:47 pm »

What do you mean with aircooled places? Berlin is not known for it's big aircooled Szene. Just remember, the Volkswagen history with aircooled vw was a big lie to rob the people. They said they will build a cheap motorwagen so everybody can have one, and all what the people have to do ist just to give them their savings and trust. What they got was war, a broken country, death and ages of hate. And even a split country where the on side became the puppets of the west which got feed by their masters and also finaly getting their cheap beatle and the other side was the cheap production land for tham plus the elites...without the beetle Smiley so if you are searching for big lies than berlin will show you, but their new franchise is lgbtq+wtf@%??#. It's less mechanical geniouse Smiley
btw... I live close by and spend my half life there it's an interesting city but not in aircooled.

Whishes chris

Interesting thoughts on the history of the VW from the perspective of a German citizen.
Thank you for sharing, your thoughts sound like they came from a time machine right after WWII.
In the USA the modern VW in known just for cheating on our tough smog laws.  Wink

What a contrast to how the USA market embraced the VW in the 60s and 70s.
While in the 60s here in the USA the VW could be a Hippie love bus or bug covered with stickers of flowers and peace symbols.
Later few would of expected the VW to be modified into a high performance pocket rocket.
VW was successful in the USA because it was cheap, reliable and had a very successful marketing campaign.
Check out these cool VW ads.
https://fontsinuse.com/uses/1976/volkswagen-of-america-ads-1960-68

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 16:05:34 pm by mg » Logged
mymedusa

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 00:27:48 am »

Haha. Ok the flower power movement of the 68ers is kinda two faces too, but let's do not talk about that 🤣. I grow up in a house with my grandparents and grand grand ma. She have been in ww1 and ww2. Also beeing a child of the DDR but "just" 41years old so close the leec. To make the historic a little more clear... Look how much suv's we have now in Germany. Nobody needs them but all looks like kinda suv. In the late 90's we laugh about that movement and now we can see who are our masters.... Still being a country ruled by the US and oil and... Smiley but it's not the US... It's just the current headquarter. And yes they cheated all the time, I am a mechanic and vw is like most of them who want to sell, a big cheating tool. The sellout of vw was from here allways interesting. The cars in Germany was mostly cheaper in foreign countries than here. But you did not only got our cars you also got some real nazies from us haha or got them beck like wernher von braun the guy who made NASA with his friend Disney Smiley That system is soooo old. DDR, Afrika, China, Poland, Romania,... Ukraine... Who may be next. Joking. Back to the topic, here in Berlin there are no big aircooled stores, tuners, or museums. Not even a local aircooled Szene, they split in pieces long time ago, some late parts are hidden, like "franky's käfergarage" but it's not even close to something like in the US. So leec have to join the circus of humanity on another level. Maybe going to berghain or kit Kat to celebrate, haha I worked in the nightlife for way too long. You will find no place like Berlin in than kinda stuff 🤣. Enjoy
mg

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 21:07:55 pm »

Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: