The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 21:54:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  JPM Raptor Powerjet
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: JPM Raptor Powerjet  (Read 4458 times)
neil68

« on: November 12, 2015, 00:39:32 am »

Is anyone using the JPM Raptor Powerjet on their IDA's?  I already have Raptor venturies & stacks, so it looks like the powerjet would just bolt on.  However, the product description seems to indicate it is mostly for street driving, with only "some improvements" at high rpm i.e. at the drag strip.

Raptor Powerjet!
A third fuel management system for IDA carb. Makes the power bands wider with a Big Increase in the low and midrange performance, also some improvements in the high rpm. Reduces the richness When the throttle is opened suddenly at low rpm. Reduction of main jet, approx. 20-25 numbers (165-140). The Powerjet has it's own jet which Can Be changed, delivered with three different jet sizes.
Raptor fuel systems:
- Raptor venturies
- Raptor stack
- Raptor Powerjet
Price: 8400 SEK
Raptor Powerjet Price: 3995 SEK
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 00:42:14 am by neil68 » Logged

Neil
Der Kleiner Rennwagens
'68 Beetle, 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 172 KM/H (107.5 MPH)
Dynojet Test:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
JS

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 20:20:25 pm »

Correct, 2-3hp improvement on max on a 220hp engine. I have spoken to two users in Sweden who claim the difference in drivability is awesome.

Signature.
Jesse/DVK

'64 2176cc

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 23:51:11 pm »

How does it work?

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Torben Alstrup

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 09:42:39 am »

Basicly like a Dellorto Trijet.
wolfswest

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 12:19:20 pm »

Hi,

can't find much info on this part, except for sale...  Huh  Does anybody has any useful experience to share?

-Can you just mount this kit or do you really need the jpm venturies & stacks?

-the JPM site states it improves the midrange driveability, so only on high tempered engines or also on mild ones which will never see 7K RPM?

I have a mild 1915 with a W120 in it, so nothing too wild.  Not looking for the last HP, just the search for a more smooth drive on the street...

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
PPRMicke

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2023, 08:34:47 am »

Hi,

can't find much info on this part, except for sale...  Huh  Does anybody has any useful experience to share?

-the JPM site states it improves the midrange driveability, so only on high tempered engines or also on mild ones which will never see 7K RPM?

I have a mild 1915 with a W120 in it, so nothing too wild.  Not looking for the last HP, just the search for a more smooth drive on the street...

They work great
But that's RACING
No, they only work with JPM venturis and stacks
120 camshaft sounds like a street engine running at low revs
Then it might not be worth buying
You write it is not so good drivability
  What about distributor 009? what about the fuel pressure (0.19 bar max) what about the size of the venturis maybe bigger
 Do you use Wideband's lambda to see how the mixture for your setup in the carburettor
Chip

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 00:32:08 am »

Hi,

They work great
But that's RACING
No, they only work with JPM venturis and stacks
120 camshaft sounds like a street engine running at low revs
Then it might not be worth buying
You write it is not so good drivability
  What about distributor 009? what about the fuel pressure (0.19 bar max) what about the size of the venturis maybe bigger
 Do you use Wideband's lambda to see how the mixture for your setup in the carburettor
Just to add to this, but do your carbs have the 3rd progression hole mod as well? That makes a difference in midrange driveability too.
wolfswest

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 17:46:29 pm »

thanks for the input guys, it's just a case of the eternal quest to improve things even if nothing needs to be improved  Grin

BUT, in fact for the moment this is a complete fantasy story, let me explain.  Right now the specs of the engine:

W120
9.1 CR
standard ported and polished heads with SS valves and matchported intakes 35,5 X 32
1 5/8 header with thunderbird dual quiet pack
CB performance magnaspark II
40 idf's with 28/32 berg venturies
etc...  you get the picture.

I had a full tilt 2165 IDA's 200+ engine before.  Now, I'm greatly impressed on how good this little 1915 engine goes, it has nice torque, responds very well on the trottle, goes smooth till 6K RPM.  But for the looks I want IDA's back as starters so I was wondering how well I can make them work on this engine as is for the time being.

Next step will be set of 40X35 heads, 1.25 rockers, HD alu pushrods.

The IDA's will be replica's with also the 3the progression hole available and they come with 37 venturies.  I've found online some 34 venturies, I think for now that's the way to go.
I'm looking for a decent set of manifolds and then the fiddling can start.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 19:44:19 pm by wolfswest » Logged

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
PPRMicke

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 18:57:12 pm »

thanks for the input guys, it's just a case of the eternal quest to improve things even if nothing need to be improved  Grin

BUT, in fact for the moment this is a complete fantasy story, let me explain.  Right now the specs of the engine:

W120
9.1 CR
standard ported and polished heads with SS valves and matchported intakes 35,5 X 32
1 5/8 header with thunderbird dual quiet pack
CB performance magnaspark II
40 idf's with 28/32 berg venturies
etc...  you get the picture.

I had a full tilt 2165 IDA's 200+ engine before.  Now, I'm greatly impressed on how good this little 1915 engine goes, it has nice torque, responds very well on the trottle, goes smooth till 6K RPM.  But for the looks I want IDA's back as starters so I was wondering how well I can make them work on this engine as is for the time being.

Next step will be set of 40X35 heads, 1.25 rockers, HD alu pushrods.

The IDA's will be replica's with also the 3the progression hole available and they come with 37 venturies.  I've found online some 34 venturies, I think for now that's the way to go.
I'm looking for a decent set of manifolds and then the fiddling can start.

If it had my machine I would try to flow heads So you have some numbers to start counting on
For info On our Na 1600 challenge head with 35.5x32 around 160 cfm
Such heads would you have on your 1915 then it would be around 160-190 hp
Then we are around 36mm in venturis
Unfortunately, with flow No. on purchased heads, you lose the No. when you have them in the flow bench
 Empi no thanks  if you don't spend 10 hours on them
/// Micke
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: