The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 09:40:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  lucas on a type3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: lucas on a type3  (Read 2397 times)
nicolas

« on: November 23, 2007, 08:40:09 am »

ok the projects never end. i am working on the engine and the car is just sitting in the garage. but in a few weeks i hope to have my rechromed bumpers back (with overriders) and bumperbars. this will make the front of the type3 a bit crowded with the wraparound blinkers. so i have come up with the great idea of putting lucas lights, but i still have no clue where and i want them to poit forward, not outwards... so i need to come up with a sulotion to put them straight. any ideas??? i have thought about an aluminium base or a black base with just the right angle...
but if you come across a nice picture please post it up.

thanks

nicolas
wolfswest

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 08:59:58 am »

Nicolas,

I wouldn't work with lucas indicators.  the small originals are just fine.  I like your type 3 very much, basic, simple but she stands out of the rest.  But, again it is just taste...  If you want these indicators, go for it.

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Neil Davies

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 09:48:57 am »

Agreed. I wouldn't put Lucas' on the front of a type 3. You could look at the early indicators, or Karmann Ghia bullets?

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
nicolas

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 10:18:43 am »

yes but the bullets stick out a lot and are right under the headlight. nice but maybe not quite what i am after...  Undecided i have to think this one through and see some pics  Grin
Neil Davies

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 10:32:21 am »

In that case, shave them altogether and mount them in the headlight!  Wink

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
nicolas

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 12:38:15 pm »

thought about that too, but not sure if it is legal in belgium. can someone help me out on that one. becaus it is a straightforward swap with the 'parkinglights'

Neil Davies

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 13:10:27 pm »

thought about that too, but not sure if it is legal in belgium. can someone help me out on that one. becaus it is a straightforward swap with the 'parkinglights'

It should be ok, after all, the new golf, focus, mercedes etc all have them built in!

nicolas

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 13:16:03 pm »

true, i have to look it up! i know they can be a pain in the a** here in belgium about those things. but i will call them up and see if there is a law. or a website.
It should be ok, after all, the new golf, focus, mercedes etc all have them built in!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: