The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 08, 2024, 02:48:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351031 Posts in 28634 Topics by 6844 Members
Latest Member: Dom Smith
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  63 Ragtop Dad and Lad project.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 63 Ragtop Dad and Lad project.  (Read 5660 times)
FredH17

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2024, 20:24:23 pm »

Very cool dash buddy! Looks nice and racy😎

The young guy is good with tools as pics can tell.
Keep moving guys!
BossHogg76

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2024, 19:48:07 pm »

Thanks Fred, he's learning as we're going along and so am I on things like Fusion 360.

Double update this weekend as i managed to get a couple of hours yesterday afternoon (13 July 2024), the plan was to get the fire wall stripped and in chassis black which i got done. Also managed to test fit the new deck lid before i remove it and start having it modified, enjoy the pics

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 19:55:49 pm by BossHogg76 » Logged
BossHogg76

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2024, 21:44:30 pm »

The updates are a small at the moment as i work through the following areas of the project

1) Re-paint the fire wall body colour. I need to re-strip and prep the metal correctly so we can get a decent finish 
2) The fuel tank has been powder coated, i now need to seal the inside with Frost tank sealant
3) I've removed the main wiring loom to send to VW Looms to get a new one made up. Need to also strip the front right and left looks out. This should be a this weekend job (3/07/2024)
4) New interior panels have been ordered from Dorothe Patriache, can't wait to see them and due to pick them up at the end of August when on the family holiday.
5) Mr Cross AKA Dennis Kruis is making up the vents for the decklid again pick up during the family holiday.
6) Richie Webb has sent through the engine parts list, and the order for the heads has gone in today (30/07/2024)

So you ask apart from project managing and simple jobs 3 or 4 times what have you done?

Well the glove box has been stripped and is now in primer, done by my able assistant

Some filling and rubbing to do and hopefully in white over the weekend and re-fitted.

The little adaptor plate we made for the rear view mirror came through, many thanks to KevD for the original rear view mirror, greatly appreciated. Now fitted but don't like the repo sun visor that keeps falling down so on the look out for an OG item. The original plan was to fit a carbon sheet in place of the original plastic, will see what happens with that.

Finally, i had another look underneath and spotted the gearbox was solid mounted. Will look to replace those mounts with CB Rhino mounts.

tpb_karl

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2024, 07:19:28 am »

Nice seeing this build in detail outside of instagram! Great work!

Twin Peak Boxers
1963 - The Ragtop Express
Instagram: @tpb_karl
Youtube: https://youtube.com/@tpb_karl?si=4N7Yv03mb3n9x9dM
"Make VWs hot again"
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: