The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:38:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350681 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  what lifters to use with engle cams
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what lifters to use with engle cams  (Read 3263 times)
nicolas

« on: December 04, 2007, 07:16:59 am »

again an advice that is not totally confirmed, but it would be a bad idea to run a FK8 with webcamlifters... it has to do with the hardness of both metals being different and pitting may occur. but what lifters should i use with the engle cam. i was interessted in the tayco's, but they may need sleeves in the case. so i always have used stock ones in the 1641 with the W110, bu they need replacement. so what good options are there to have. i know of Udo Becker lifters, but they are a bit above the budget. i was looking for something good and light and within budget... i know i have to pick 2  Wink

thanks for helping.

btw i may be able to pic up my crank later this week. happy happy joy joy
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 08:28:58 am »

I've always run stock reground lifters for 27 years on Engle cams with no failures.

I also park at Nick's.
nicolas

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 14:11:16 pm »

I've always run stock reground lifters for 27 years on Engle cams with no failures.

thanks

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 14:15:50 pm »

Never had a problem either and I have used CB superlightweights and Schübecks ceramics.

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
LGK

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 19:37:34 pm »

Nicolas,

You can go FEBI/BILSTEIN or MAHLE both will work fine and won't rune your wallet.

Regards Steve

Rasser

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 22:52:25 pm »

Whatever type of lifter you choose - you should ALWAYS avoid valvefloat due too excessive rpmīs and inadequate valvespring pressure. Itīs the valvefloat that really kills the lifters/cam.
Well - IMHO (and experience ;-) ) anyway.

I have had bad experiences with brazil mahle, scat.
I have had good expereinces with CB light weight racings (same as beetlebug refers to)

Using a FK cam instead of a W is also a thing that helps keeping lifter/cam alive longer.

Happy build!

/Rasmus
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 22:54:11 pm by Rasser DK » Logged

For a good time, call:    1-800-Cal-look
1955 type1
1966 type2 13w deluxe
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 22:56:33 pm »

Whatever type of lifter you choose - you should ALWAYS avoid valvefloat due too excessive rpmīs and inadequate valvespring pressure. Itīs the valvefloat that really kills the lifters/cam.
Well - IMHO (and experience ;-) ) anyway./Rasmus

Agree 100%

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
qubek

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 11:21:34 am »

Well - IMHO (and experience ;-) ) anyway./Rasmus

Agree 100%

Yes but what when you’re using your bug daily, in traffic, with a lot of idling all the time?
Too much valve spring pressure isn’t good either. Without having to much experience, it’s hard to find a good balance between those two factors. 

I have repro BRMs and I'm proud! :]
LGK

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 12:29:34 pm »

The initial question/topic of Nicolas was "compatiblity" of lifters with engle cams...so i think setting up springs on heads for a certain type of cam is another debate..indeed it has a lot to do with "what kind of use in mind for your particular set-up?"

Regards to all,

Steve

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: