The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 22:57:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Barn-find of the century?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Barn-find of the century?  (Read 3253 times)
jick

« on: December 09, 2014, 14:20:52 pm »

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/news/classic-car-discoveries/barnfind-of-the-century-revealed-in-france?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=&utm_content=main_story_top_1&utm_source=20141209

Nice little find!

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 19:25:29 pm »

Unbelieveable!! Thanks for posting Jick!
I often wonder what else is out there yet to be discovered...
A friend of mine had a '64 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spider like the black one.
I was fortunate to have had a few rides in it, even some "safe speed" laps at the old Riverside Raceway. I remember the exhaust note alone was like a symphony  Grin
jick

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 20:32:17 pm »

There's a very cool 5 minute piece of film.... I've tried putting it up but I'm doing something dumb I expect & it won't work...

Look on YouTube...

"60 automobiles de la collection Baillon"

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 20:36:31 pm by jick » Logged

jick

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 20:37:46 pm »

A friend of mine had a '64 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spider like the black one.
I was fortunate to have had a few rides in it, even some "safe speed" laps at the old Riverside Raceway. I remember the exhaust note alone was like a symphony  Grin

Damn that must have been awesome!

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 21:05:59 pm »

My old boss sent me that link a few days ago, totally stunning! We may have more quantity of old cars in the states, but it seems like when you find something in Europe, it's on a whole different level.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 02:42:39 am »

Damn that must have been awesome!

It was!!! He sold the car a few years ago, you can see it here: http://www.pirro.com/english/all.Ferraris/Detail/4121GT.250GT.SWB.California.Spyder.htm

Zach, I think you're right! I'm still blown away by the sheer quantity of rare & valuable cars found there!!

I had another friend who fancied Talbot-Lago. He had several stashed away when he passed... Shocked

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: