The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:21:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Dynomax muffler hangar...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dynomax muffler hangar...  (Read 1923 times)
bugnut68

« on: November 11, 2010, 01:39:50 am »

I bought a slightly used 2.5-inch Dynomax muffler for my current 1-5/8" header, but don't have any hanger materials to mount as supports to the fenderwell's bumper bracket area.  Just curious as to any recommendations of materials that anyone has had good luck with for such a purpose?  Would it be possible to get these materials through someone like Tiger at A-1?   Just curious.
stoneloco808

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 16:59:19 pm »

I don't have a genuine Dynomax muffler, but I have some other Dynomax "style" mufflers.  I say mock up the intallation, be sure to support the muffler with some sort of box or something.  Then measure the bolt hole on the welded tab on the muffler to the bolt hole of the bumper bracket.  I can't recall the exact measurement.  Automotive parts stores like NAPA, Carquest, etc... have a variety of reinforced rubber exhaust hangers.  I remember purchasing a rubber strip that was kind of too long.  Ended up cutting it to my desired length.  At the same time I purchased a few nuts, bolts and washers as well.
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 17:42:55 pm »

Something I did on customer car

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
bugnut68

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 18:33:59 pm »

That's pretty sweet, Danny!  looks real clean.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: