The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:33:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Callook Karmann ghia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Callook Karmann ghia  (Read 12775 times)
Glauco

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 18:19:54 pm »

so I see, I didn't find that thread when I posted mine..
I'm still thinking of trying the buggybars, I haven't seen it on a karmann, think it would look great do, but what about the openings for the bumpers, close them or leave them..?
I think I'll leave the nostrills where they are, great place to put my turnsignals and without bumpers and then weld up the nostrills, It is indeed al ittle bit naked..
the idea for a empi eliminator has changed into a berg shifter
and for color i'm thinking of Candy Apple red, what do you guys think?
I'll try to take some photo's this weekend of the car in its current, nearly fully stripped, state
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 21:01:39 pm »

here's something similar i know it's not cal look but the the front bumper Roll Eyes looks like buggy bars in bigger size  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
but for me buggy bar aren't the best parts to replace a bumper or tbars on KG  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Glauco

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 01:10:12 am »

THANK YOU!
ok, the car is indeed not callook, but the buggybars just might work I think, it's a mather of opinion
I'll have a good night (or 2 Roll Eyes) sleep over it and then I'll deside.. Undecided  Huh
so many cool things to do with a karmann ...
bathing ape

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 09:23:55 am »

pleased to hear the nostrils are staying!
Grelland

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2008, 00:20:20 am »

hear, hear,

plus the fact that they have a FUNCTION of letting fresh air into the car....

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2008, 12:57:12 pm »

hear, hear,

plus the fact that they have a FUNCTION of letting fresh air into the car....

That what I was thinking too, but the previous owner tought it would be cool to have the look of the nostrills but not the function, so he closed the box behind de grills, so I just have the grills and a box around it.
always nice to now there are some good guys to screw up nice cars Roll Eyes Undecided
Glauco

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2008, 16:04:59 pm »

to see pictures, and one day maybe some progress Cheesy

http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,3582.msg49384.html#msg49384
Glauco

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2020, 07:53:14 am »

my god, I was strolling true the threads looking for ghia options when I saw my own post, made 13 years ago.  Shocked
didn't realize it has been 13 years tinkering about how to make my ghia my own. I can't count the many different ways I built my car in my mind, and to be honest I still haven't figured it out.
in the 2 years I've been driving it I came from a T-bar no nostrils look to a blade bumper and nostrils look. the main thing I'm now figuring out is what to do with the turn signals. I still have the stock bullet turn signals laying around, but haven't found the courage to drill the holes for it. for now I mounted LED's inside a bumperbolt to give me something of a turn signal. not 100% how I want it, but maybe I'll investigate this a little further to make it even better.

I came a long way from a shave everything to a point where I might put pack the side trim and turn signals and make it a more stock looking looker. but I have a whole winter to figure that out..

here is how she looks now:

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Here's to another 13 years of tinkering!  Grin
Glauco
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2020, 19:02:03 pm »

In 1979 on DKK's Cory Oldroyd car, we shaved the Ghia turn signals and installed a Lucas type turn signal light behind the black screen/grill vents.  You could not see them until the light turned on.  Totally hidden working turn signals.

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Glauco

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2020, 20:19:14 pm »

In 1979 on DKK's Cory Oldroyd car, we shaved the Ghia turn signals and installed a Lucas type turn signal light behind the black screen/grill vents.  You could not see them until the light turned on.  Totally hidden working turn signals.

That's the white one with the rag top, right?
I really love that car! Do you have a picture of the nose?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: