The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:52:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350686 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Sarge, can you tell us about those 1972 photos from KS' book?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Sarge, can you tell us about those 1972 photos from KS' book?  (Read 17639 times)
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 21:27:50 pm »

Mmmmm.... I wanna lick it...

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2008, 22:35:00 pm »

It has ALWAYS been one of my All time favourite volkswagens - its just PERFECT Grin Grin Grin

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Neil Davies

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2008, 11:28:25 am »

My friend Brad from my old club, Half A Brain, is building a replica of Lazenby's butternut car. He's a bit of a perfectionist though, so who knows when it'll see the road! It's been painted 3 times already, and he's just changed the doors, wings and welded in a ragtop section! He managed to get the first set of JGE Torkers from Jon Abbott to go on the car. He has been in contact with John Lazenby to find out the colour of the car and although it's correct (Corvette Warbonnet Yellow IIRC) it looks too gold - maybe it's because the old photos have yellowed with age.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
maX cal-look

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2008, 13:01:06 pm »

It has ALWAYS been one of my All time favourite volkswagens - its just PERFECT Grin Grin Grin

Maybe Luca's a little more down ! ?
NO ?

But color are 'lickable' !  Grin Grin

alex d

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2008, 14:00:21 pm »

yep, i'd prefer lower mounted indicators, but otherwise I can't find any fault on it...
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2008, 14:07:57 pm »

The indicators up high are better than being mounted too low.  It appears they are on the same baseline as the head lights. 

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Cornpanzer

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2008, 14:18:24 pm »

The only thing I would change is the rear stance.  The wheels could use a little spacing out and it appears that they have positive camber.   Perhaps it was backed into that spot causing the pos camber though.

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Lee.C

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2008, 20:03:40 pm »

Maybe Luca's a little more down ! ?
NO ?

But color are 'lickable' !  Grin Grin

I NEVER noticed that about the indicators before - oh well its still my all time favourite  Wink Smiley

maX cal-look

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2008, 20:26:14 pm »

Grin Grin Cheesy Wink

It's still a lickable volkswagen !

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2008, 20:36:15 pm »

Grin Grin Cheesy Wink

he maxx lickable is my job  Angry Angry  don't forget that man  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Lee.C

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2008, 21:08:14 pm »

Grin Grin Cheesy Wink

he maxx lickable is my job  Angry Angry  don't forget that man  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

How could we forget that dude  Wink Smiley

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 21:11:20 pm »

Grin Grin Cheesy Wink

How could we forget that dude  Wink Smiley
Grin Grin Grin

Jim Ratto

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 21:16:01 pm »

Grin Grin Cheesy Wink

when you come out, keep a safe distance from me, ok buddy? Even though I am a greasy, spicy Italian.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2008, 21:23:45 pm »

Grin Grin Cheesy Wink

when you come out, keep a safe distance from me, ok buddy? Even though I am a greasy, spicy Italian.

you said spicy hmmmmmmmmm  Tongue Tongue  i like that , may be  i will lick you  friday night at nick's  Grin Grin Grin Grin
rgd
fabs
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 22:29:43 pm by speedwell » Logged

maX cal-look

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2008, 21:28:15 pm »

I'm always nude and speedwell always licking !!!
I late you imagine what happend when WE are together !!!
 Roll Eyes

Tongue

Grin Grin

Jim Ratto

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2008, 21:36:17 pm »

I'm always nude and speedwell always licking !!!
I late you imagine what happend when WE are together !!!
 Roll Eyes

Tongue

Grin Grin

Boys!!!! Boys!!!! c'mon, keep it on topic. If you want to post about sausage and cookies, go to Off topic.  Grin
maX cal-look

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2008, 21:43:42 pm »

Sorry sorry Mr Jalous !  Grin

For me that's this one me reference !

gizago

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2008, 22:35:45 pm »

My friend Brad from my old club, Half A Brain, is building a replica of Lazenby's butternut car. He's a bit of a perfectionist though, so who knows when it'll see the road! It's been painted 3 times already, and he's just changed the doors, wings and welded in a ragtop section! He managed to get the first set of JGE Torkers from Jon Abbott to go on the car. He has been in contact with John Lazenby to find out the colour of the car and although it's correct (Corvette Warbonnet Yellow IIRC) it looks too gold - maybe it's because the old photos have yellowed with age.

Ive got his first set in my garage, waiting to go on my car, they do look more gold than the original butternut, but like you say its probably down to the old photos. The holes for the lucas lights are lower too, in the horn grills.

So 'right'....
johnl

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2008, 23:43:46 pm »

The color was '71 Corvetter Warbonnet Yellow, but as I recall once painted by Leonard Becker it was a shade or two different.  Actually looked better than the factory color I thought. 

I'm flattered that you guys think so much of this car.  Of course it was my pride and joy and I tried to take a different route than most were doing.  As stated before I wanted more of a "formal ride" rather than a race car.  Guess that is why I like my Chryslers so much over Mustangs, Camaro's, etc.  They are fast, but offer a lot of comfort, which now is a VERY IMPORTANT thing.

I look forward to seeing the finished re-creation.  I would be more than happy to provide any info I can regarding the car to getting it completed.

John Lazenby

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: