The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 14:55:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  '75 Original Hot VW Cover
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: '75 Original Hot VW Cover  (Read 82513 times)
jholmes

1975 Cal Look

« on: January 11, 2008, 02:34:41 am »

Found this and thought to share from the past.

Der Kleiner Panzers
SlingShot

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 04:31:34 am »

Who is that wearing all that denim?  Roll Eyes  Totally 70's , I like it! Wink

Will Race For Beer !!!
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 06:42:33 am »

I have a few of those  Grin ... they would look better signed Shocked

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 07:34:23 am »

agreed

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 15:57:54 pm »

mine too
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 16:06:46 pm »

hey jim why don't you put your feet in the ass cop   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ....  Grin Grin that would have been funny for the picture  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
simon uk

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 16:11:33 pm »

cool. Can you tell us how that shoot came about Jim? Did you know the cop? What were the best things about the car, and what happened to it? We all heard it was turned into a baja?

Si.
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 16:48:35 pm »

cool. Can you tell us how that shoot came about Jim? Did you know the cop? What were the best things about the car, and what happened to it? We all heard it was turned into a baja?

Si.
Do a search...  Wink
I stand by my story.... No Baja. Christie who lived in Tustin at the time, purchased the car from Holmes for $3800ish complete. Over a period of time, the wheels, engine, and back seat were sold off, and then the car was put up for sale. I saw the car with Bill Rogers.... in her/their gargage, and the asking price was $1200. I passed (sick). Years later, I located it again, this time up in Hesperia, and talked to the owner. Many things were changed, not much left from the glory days. Again, no Baja, no crash after it left Christie's hands. Holmes did crash the car, back about 1976. But Beckers put it back together. I called Dyno, and he confirmed much of this.

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
simon uk

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 17:06:15 pm »

Si.
Do a search...  Wink
I stand by my story.... No Baja. Christie who lived in Tustin at the time, purchased the car from Holmes for $3800ish complete. Over a period of time, the wheels, engine, and back seat were sold off, and then the car was put up for sale. I saw the car with Bill Rogers.... in her/their gargage, and the asking price was $1200. I passed (sick). Years later, I located it again, this time up in Hesperia, and talked to the owner. Many things were changed, not much left from the glory days. Again, no Baja, no crash after it left Christie's hands. Holmes did crash the car, back about 1976. But Beckers put it back together. I called Dyno, and he confirmed much of this.

Fair point, but there were a few different versions of this, and I was trying to get it from the horses mouth!
Neil Davies

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 17:15:53 pm »

I sold it to a guy that lived in the Brea area. His first name I think was Keith but can't remember his last. I head he later sold it to a chick and it went down hill from there. You could be right about being in Hesperia Ca. at some point. I have kicked myself for letting it go but was not a practical car for me to be driving at the time, as my sole means of transportation.
Thanks for the big welcome...

Simon, Jim posted this in the "Welcome Jim Holmes" thread. I'm guessing this is all he knows about it. Sad

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
jholmes

1975 Cal Look

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 02:01:26 am »

Si.
Do a search...  Wink

Fair point, but there were a few different versions of this, and I was trying to get it from the horses mouth!

Yes, I believe most of the above information is true except of one think.  I did not sell the car to Christie. I sold it as I mentioned to a guy in Brea, which I think his first name was Keith. I heard he only owned it for a short time then sold it to a girl, which could be Christie. I also heard about the same things mentioned about what happened to the car after she bought it.  It's ture that I did crash the car around that time.  Beckers did put it a front clip on it and repainted it. I re-wired it along with putting in a new dash to match the original. Greg Aronson (the original owner) help me with the putting the car back together at his shop.
That's about it guys! Smiley

Der Kleiner Panzers
jholmes

1975 Cal Look

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 02:06:44 am »

I'd be happy to do that for you anytime if you wish.  If so, let me know and I'll post my address.
You guys are the best and feel honored about all the attention you've given to this! Smiley

Der Kleiner Panzers
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 12:42:18 pm »

I'd be happy to do that for you anytime if you wish.  If so, let me know and I'll post my address.
You guys are the best and feel honored about all the attention you've given to this! Smiley

cool
TiDi

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 15:48:48 pm »

Hi
but what did you use for the dash?

I did one similar....

Wink

4 Wheel Ripperz - http://cal-look.tumblr.com/
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 16:05:11 pm »

TiDi! I love your dashboard.
Do you have a few photos of how you made it?
Did you weld the dashboard up?

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 16:28:43 pm »

Hi
but what did you use for the dash?

I did one similar....

Wink

superb
bathing ape

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 18:47:41 pm »

too right,thats a cool dash set up
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 18:51:16 pm »

Like this one... Wink Grin Grin Grin

Signed by Ron Fleming and Greg Aronson...soon to be completed by Mr. Holmes Grin Grin Grin

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
deano

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 22:11:35 pm »

IF, you guys are at the VW Classic in June, and you are there in person, AND you want the girl in the cover/photo to sign it as well. she'll be there in the Hot VWs Booth.... Just ask For Linda Dill.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 23:16:40 pm »

IF, you guys are at the VW Classic in June, and you are there in person, AND you want the girl in the cover/photo to sign it as well. she'll be there in the Hot VWs Booth.... Just ask For Linda Dill.
AND she still looks as nice today...  Smiley

Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 00:36:23 am »

Gee I bought that issue off the newsstand and in all that time, no one signed it!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
jholmes

1975 Cal Look

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 01:55:04 am »

WoW..That's great Dean. I'd for sure like to see her again and relive that day we shot that cover together.  Fun Stuff! Smiley

Der Kleiner Panzers
jholmes

1975 Cal Look

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 01:59:41 am »

Gee I bought that issue off the newsstand and in all that time, no one signed it!

I could make that happen for you, if you could send it my way...

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 02:46:20 am »

That would be cool! First I gotta locate it though. I know it's boxed up some place. I think we're pretty close. I'm in Lake Forest.

Rick

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
jholmes

1975 Cal Look

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 19:40:25 pm »

That would be cool! First I gotta locate it though. I know it's boxed up some place. I think we're pretty close. I'm in Lake Forest.

Rick

Good Luck in finding it Rick. Yes we're pretty close...Yorba Linda...

Der Kleiner Panzers
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 21:22:59 pm »

WoW..That's great Dean. I'd for sure like to see her again and relive that day we shot that cover together.  Fun Stuff! Smiley
go to the same place with scott baken car , remove the stickers of the car ,and put linda inside the car and you  and a new young cops   Roll Eyes or it will be funny that you find the older cops too  Grin Grin Grin
rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008, 22:09:58 pm »

go to the same place with scott baken car , remove the stickers of the car ,and put linda inside the car and you  and a new young cops   Roll Eyes or it will be funny that you find the older cops too  Grin Grin Grin
rgd
fabs
Grin
 Grin Grin Grin Grin
jholmes

1975 Cal Look

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008, 23:45:30 pm »

rgd
fabs
Grin
 Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ha! Kinda would be a kick....your a funny guy! Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 10:06:30 am »

rgd
fabs
I'm sure Deano will chip in here, but Hot VWs did just this a while back, except Linda didn't want to do the shoot. Deano? Where are you?

WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 10:17:55 am »

rgd
fabs
I'm sure Deano will chip in here, but Hot VWs did just this a while back, except Linda didn't want to do the shoot. Deano? Where are you?
I wonder if the cop is still around?

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: