The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:40:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  tail lights 62 - 67 - placing on fender?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: tail lights 62 - 67 - placing on fender?  (Read 1707 times)
62 Ragtop

Nose down Ass up ...back from paint shop!!!

« on: January 14, 2008, 17:41:52 pm »

Hi,

Admittedly not the most "cal-look" question, but I'm becoming a bit desperate...  Huh

I'm currently puzzling togheter my -62, freshly painted (well, last spring  Embarrassed) and I sold off the glassfiber fenders that was previously on the car, and replaced these for some original steel from a -60 yearmodel. Unfortunately I did not take any measurments as for the placement of the rear/tail light housings from the old fenders, and neither did I mock-up the -62 lights on the -60 fenders before shipping off to my painter (yeah, bad mistake but that's the way things are)... under the impression that those measurements would be easy to find. But, now I've scanned throught my Bentley book, and I have one page with some scetchy measures on how to "upgrade" from earlier tail-lights to the ones found from -62 onwards (but it is not really sufficient for my needs at the moment...) Undecided

Unfortunatley the previous owner of the fenders has had some custom lights, I believe Ford teardrops, and I can't really tell a hole from a hole if you know what I mean. On one fender the -62 housing do actually line up reasonably in the current holes, but not on the other, and I just want to double-check this before I "screw" (no pun intended!) this one up...

So far I have found little info and pics on this on the WWW, so I'm reaching out to anyone who could help out in finding some good measurements (preferably in metrics!  Kiss)... I have some dodgy pics on placement and measurement on earlier (ovals) and pre -61 but I want to get some more input on this one. Preferalby with distances from lip of fenders, side to side, bottom edge, from edge to body, pics would be great etc... well, anything really!

Thanks in advance!

Br,

1962 Ragtop L390, 2165cc-to-be, 044CNC, IDA48,Fk8
Casey

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 17:53:37 pm »

Good luck buddy. I had to find a correct fender and make a thick paper temp. With all the curves and such it's very difficult to get and transfer measurements on a fender. I did have some luck with using a tig welding rod and sharpy to match up. Find a correct fender and you will be on your way. Vish.

DKP III
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 18:35:44 pm »

heres one way but you will need a correct fender and 2 inch tape. off the edge of fender next to apron, start laying tape on fender over laping about 50 percent till holes are covered. then transfer hole onto tape then unpeal relay on new fender and center punch and drill

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: