The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 18:22:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350688 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Eric Birkys 70 yellow/white empi 8 spoke car, lets find it !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Eric Birkys 70 yellow/white empi 8 spoke car, lets find it !  (Read 14358 times)
mr. warehouse

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2020, 05:02:54 am »

I asked around a bit after I saw this thread and as far I as I can tell the car is no more. After numerous owners, minor wrecks, multiple engines, and new owner mods it was finally parted and scrapped

I stand corrected. With the help of a friend, a few tips, and some phone calls I have Erics car in my possession. The louvered hood is gone, the yellow is now red, except the inside which is still yellow/white, the frenched headlights are intact, the rears are intact, but hidden under 62-67 housings.

Russell and I have been in touch, hopefully it will end up with him after all these years of looking.
Russell

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2020, 11:14:52 am »

So the saga ends.... finally after 33 years.

It was at Kelly park last year and looked like this, i saw it on a video and took pictures of it, ive asked a few to help locate but Greg has come up trumps once again for me, thank you.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Best Regards

Russell
Russell

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2020, 11:16:29 am »

And today it looks like this...

Best Regards

Russell
leec

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 13:26:51 pm »

A great find. Really cool looking car

Lee
Cornpanzer

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2020, 02:50:42 am »

That’s cool Russell...glad you found it, Interestingly, I was just looking at that issue on Monday while I was organizing my back issues. I remember that car vividly from when I was a kid. Didn’t really love it, but it was kind of cool. Totally understand why it made an impression on you. His girlfriend was kind of cute too. interestingly, I was just looking at that issue on Monday while I was organizing my back issues. I remember that car vividly from when I was a kid. Didn’t really love it, but it was kind of cool. Totally understand why it made an impression on you. His girlfriend was kind of cute too. Grin

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: