The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 22:37:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351056 Posts in 28638 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  What "Vintage Shitty Stereo" is in your Garage...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What "Vintage Shitty Stereo" is in your Garage...  (Read 7541 times)
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« on: January 19, 2008, 19:48:18 pm »

Mine:
Sansui Amp AU-101 60's/70's
Technics cd player - No Number, but ooold
Teleton t-300 Tuner - Reeally Old
DiscoPower Speakers - That's the Actual Brand

All this stuff is really old and some is even rusty, and it doesn't break down! Sometimes i think it's even sounding better then
the Denon high tech stuff in the livingroom. Must be the weldingfumes...

Whats Yours ??

Done ? Not Yet.
Sarge

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 21:57:28 pm »

Make that Double extra shitty... Shocked Grin

Ancient JVC tuner circa 1970
"No Name" single CD player
Four "No Name" bookshelf speakers

I will say it does sound good as long as I don't lean on it too hard.

DKP III
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 22:22:03 pm »

20 year old JVC boom box.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Harry/FDK

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 23:52:34 pm »

20 year old JVC boom box.

--louis

Grin

Done ? Not Yet.
beetletom

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 00:20:54 am »

i've got the opposite...!! Embarrassed

fancy pioneer stereo with a big sub

moved it to my lock up so i don't piss off the neighbours (like i did in the last house, oops!!)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 01:12:02 am »

Its all about 8 tracks guys - I have a "Lear JET stero inc" unit ready for PROJECT 66

I only just noticed that it was made by Lear JET inc - How COOL is that cos it goes with my VDO JET Cockpit guages  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 05:12:26 am »

I'm kickin it "New Skool"... iPod with Altech Lansing portable speakers complete with a mini remote I can keep in my pocket.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Tony M

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 23:05:46 pm »

still in the dark ages - audiovox super high sensitivity stereo with lance speakers - Shocked Shocked Shocked

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
Neil Davies

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 11:47:45 am »

We've got a Panasonic stereo in our unit with a 25 disc multichanger! £20 second hand from the local recycling place! Think it's on its last legs though, either that or it's not happy about the cold!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Harry/FDK

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 19:27:58 pm »

Upgrade: 8-Track !!!!! i can play that really old crap again. But i will NOT mention any titles. Roll Eyes

Done ? Not Yet.
Sam K

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 04:06:16 am »

I got bored one day and used what I had laying around - a crappy old Alpine C/D player (for a car!) hooked to a speakerbox with 8 inch fosgate speakers and 120 to 12 volt power converter thingy. It more or less works. I do have a nice TV with a DVD/VCR combo hooked to it in the garage though!
ApeLatex
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 04:10:45 am »

I have all of my old car stereo shit rigged in the house for when my neighbors decide to have a late night "Dance Dance Revolution" party with their little fag hag friends.

I have my generico speakers, 2 15" subs going. It's fucking loud.
If they wanna play their shitty techno while smoking meth, coughing, and dancing they can put up with Swedish metal bands at 2am.

I also have something similar rigged in my bedroom. I just don't like hearing my neighbors giggling.

As far as the garage is concerned. I have this mega old 5 disc thing that skips over it's own bass. Gotta love it. Sadly it really only likes to skip when I play Johnny Cash. Isn't that a shame?
Harry/FDK

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 19:30:42 pm »

YES IT IS!

Done ? Not Yet.
ApeLatex
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 19:34:56 pm »

Me and my fiance hang out in the garage. It's kinda sad. But sometimes if he has a little too much to drink he really likes to sing along to John Belushi doing "Minnie the Moocher" Kiss
Cheesepanzer

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 03:39:56 am »

This is a pretty funny thread... Grin

Mine is an old Marantz stereo from around 1979,  It cracks from dust in the volume control when you adjust it, and occasionally the right channel cuts out at a low volume.  But hey, it still works!  Its runs through an old Radio Shack Realistic equalizer/booster and is matched by a pair of Realistic 3-way speakers.  Its sufficient for a garage. Wink

62 Beetle (street/strip build)
63 Type 2 Single Cab
Cornpanzers
Harry/FDK

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 16:51:49 pm »

Same problem overhere. I just Lube the Stereo with WD 40. Grin

Done ? Not Yet.
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 14:37:33 pm »

Mines a Quadraflex767 tube amplified 75 watts per channel dinosaur with two Trans audio912 speakers 12's 6's and 3's.  My 12's are blown though need to replace those.  Good times.  Also have a fridge a t.v. d.v.d. player and gonna hook up the direct t.v. someday soon. I should really get things done then... Jason

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 19:26:48 pm »

I have a no brand portable stereo, the cd tray has to be held down with duck tape

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Harry/FDK

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 19:33:43 pm »

Mines a Quadraflex767 tube amplified 75 watts per channel dinosaur with two Trans audio912 speakers 12's 6's and 3's.  My 12's are blown though need to replace those.  Good times.  Also have a fridge a t.v. d.v.d. player and gonna hook up the direct t.v. someday soon. I should really get things done then... Jason

Quadraflex767, I wonder who "designed" those names. Starwars stuff.

I found out that my "Discopower" brand speakers have overload indicator leds. So i just put in some Fu Manchu cd in the player to see if the overload stuff worked. WOOOaw, my neighbours concrete foundation sank about 2 ". Their problem.

Done ? Not Yet.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 19:53:59 pm »

Let's have some pics then...

Done ? Not Yet.
Dustin

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 10:56:06 am »

Alright... My name is Dustin and I'm a Geek! ............... Hi Dustin............

First picture is my current "system". It's my PC with a powered sub and 2 satellite speakers networked to a drive that stores all the music that my entire family (and thier friends) has converted to MP3's. Believe it or not, I can rock the dump! Cheesy

Second picture was the system I retired. It was a early Technics Quadraphonic (4 channel) receiver similar to Jason's that like WardVWRacer's, popped, cracked and dropped left and right channels (front & rear) until I couldn't take it anymore. The speakers were old school Altec Lansing floor standing speakers that needed new surrounds for the woofers and the horns were toast also. Finally decided to toss them last year Embarrassed

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

'69 Tangerine Orange Karmann Ghia- In progress
'66 Marina blue Chevy II Nova Hardtop- Project mothballed
Harry/FDK

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 12:37:22 pm »

Cool Amp  Grin

Done ? Not Yet.
kingsburgphil

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 06:34:04 am »

Hmm, let me think. How about a not very shitty, original am/fm/sw TELEFUNKEN, Opus model circa 53'.
It's a tabletop receiver that fits nicely atop my old Snap On toolbox. I use it daily to listen to Rush, when
I'm out puttering around in the garage.  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 18:46:18 pm by kingsburgphil » Logged
Harry/FDK

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 23:54:51 pm »

That's AWESOME !!! I still have one that is working.

Done ? Not Yet.
kingsburgphil

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 01:20:01 am »

Thanks, I snatched this one out of a local antique shop for $75, after no one could make it work!  DUH!!  Silly people don't remember vacuum tubes need warming up. Other than one broken "string" and dusty tuners/switches it sounds great, I power it up remotely and leave it on one frequency to avoid any unnecessary wear and tear. My parents had a consul model Nordemende fifty years ago, something that obviously has affected my taste's in radio's.
Care to share any pic's of your radio?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 03:26:05 am by kingsburgphil » Logged
jick

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 17:18:18 pm »

hi there kingsburgphil......thats a great looking garage set-up dude!

i'm really interested to hear more about the wooden toolbox next to your radio, how did you come by that?.....i have one exactly the same, it belonged to my grandfather who was an aircraft engineer for DeHaviland.
yours looks incredible though! mine`s kinda old looking, but i think it deserves a restoration after seeing how good yours looks. you can see half of mine behind my 29 coupe....

cheers....jick

kingsburgphil

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 22:33:18 pm »

hi there kingsburgphil......that's a great looking garage set-up dude!

i'm really interested to hear more about the wooden toolbox next to your radio, how did you come by that?.....i have one exactly the same, it belonged to my grandfather who was an aircraft engineer for DeHaviland.
yours looks incredible though! mine`s kinda old looking, but i think it deserves a restoration after seeing how good yours looks. you can see half of mine behind my 29 coupe....

cheers....jick
I'm embarrassed to admit the machinist box in my pic's is a cheap Chinese knock off, retailed by Harbor Freight. Your's on the other hand is a treasured family heirloom of superior quality and scarcity.  I'd be proud to have one like yours, if I could find one!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 02:54:36 am by kingsburgphil » Logged
jick

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 10:29:19 am »

ha ha.....thanks  Phil, yours does look nice in those photo's though!
you're right, mine does mean a lot to me, about two or three years ago when i took out the drawers to have a bit of a sort out i found this.....

it's a ticket from the UK's first drag race event in 1964 when K.S Pitman and George Montgomery came over to race.

it's interesting that i'm into the same kinda thing and never knew that he was too.

cheers...jick

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 13:30:11 pm »

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Grin

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: