The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:47:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Lost History -- The Mark Dean '67
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Lost History -- The Mark Dean '67  (Read 49675 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2012, 13:56:16 pm »

Fabian, any time our club cars underwent bodywork, had primer, or damage... the club stickers were covered or removed. I went through the same thing Mark did and covered mine for a couple of weeks till my friend and I resprayed the car.

Mark, I don't recall seeing your car with the black headlight rings (bezels). I always dug how it looked with the color coded ones much better. That sucks about that guy that didn't man up and settle the damage properly. Some people... sheesh.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
56BLITZ
DKK

« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2012, 07:13:01 am »

Mark, I don't recall seeing your car with the black headlight rings (bezels). I always dug how it looked with the color coded ones much better. 

Good call Mark! The H/L rings were black before I painted the car and again after my fender was smashed. The color-coded ring got demolished and ended up in the middle of Lincoln Ave. after it fell off the guys bumper! We sold headlight rings in chrome and black and knowing that they would be painted, I put a pair of black rings on the car before I left the shop that day. As for you not remembering seeing black rings on the car, it’s probably because I drove the car for just a couple of weeks like that. My best buddy Don and I thrashed to get my oval window into service and I started driving it . . . I had big plans for the ‘67.
Gary had his Notchback cherry and John already had Dumper featured in DBHVWs, so I wanted to catch up to them!
I decided to go for one-piece windows, make more modifications to the dash, elimanate the front turn indicators and buggy bars, and redo the interior trim. Then there was the main seal that had  started to leak a little . . .

About a month after that guy hit my car, Don and I had it lookin’ like this . . .
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Jesucristo es mi Señor y Salvador!
DKKBRIAN
DKK

« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2012, 23:12:36 pm »

MARK, MORE PICS OF THE INTERIOR WHEN YOU WERE FINISHED..? BP

DUH..WINNING !
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2012, 02:24:46 am »

Mark, the old pictures of your car are great. Please keep 'em and the stories flowing.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
s7racer
DKK

« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2012, 06:39:46 am »

Hey Mark-
Jimmy Moore here. My brother Tony lived down the street from your brother John. We used to come into Street Scene all the time. I was friends with Gary. I bought the 64 sunroof body off of you and put it on a 62 pan. It was my first car. This brings backs so many memories! I'll have to scan some of the pics of the 64. What's your brother Gary up to?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: