The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 05:05:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350871 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Experience with RS-Motor lifters??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Experience with RS-Motor lifters??  (Read 6141 times)
RMS Boxer Service

« on: January 21, 2008, 09:18:17 am »

Hi,
I'm looking for lifters for a oxyboxer drag engine, 86x102 mm, and came across these lifters:
http://www.rs-motor.at/produkte/index.html

Anybody out there who have some experience with them Huh  The are light and fits the engine case without bushings  Wink.

Thank's for looking.

/R
Udo

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 18:24:48 pm »

I had some from a customer , they fit good but had no radius on the top . This was why i did not install them , may be they changed it .

Udo

RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:42:57 am »

I had some from a customer , they fit good but had no radius on the top . This was why i did not install them , may be they changed it .

Udo
Thanks Udo, not having the radius on the face of the lifter is a major flaw..... Do you make lifters to fit the WBX/type 4??
I have been looking at your website without finding them, but your type 1 lifters looks awesome. The engine I need the lifters
for is a dragrace engine with JPMotorsport heads and springs (rated at 1504 Nm) and I would prefer not install bushings in the lifterbores
if it can be avoided.

/Rolf
Udo

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 20:10:47 pm »

I have bushings that have a pressfit in the case and have the right inside diameter without any boring for Type 1 lifters . Can get easy installed and they work good . I use it in all Typ4 and WBX cases for years . If you have heavy springs i would recommend the94 gramm lifters .

Udo
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 20:15:35 pm by Udo » Logged

RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 22:20:12 pm »

Thank's Udo
I'll call you tomorrow  Smiley

/Rolf
Airspeed

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 23:08:18 pm »

If you have heavy springs i would recommend the94 gramm lifters .

Udo
That sounds odd? Wouldn't you need a little less heavy spring with a lighter lifter?
Or is it a strength issue with the lighter ones that you encountered?

Tnx,
Walter

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
Udo

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 07:24:44 am »

The lightweight lifters are made for street and small racing engines that have single or double VW diameter springs . I found out that you can make 500 rpm's more with the same springs and cam when using the lightweights instead of the heavier ones . If i say heavy springs i mean chevy style from k800 up . We are testing the lightweights with k800 and i think it works but this would be the limit on spring pressure. I have seen now that he has 150 kg springs so he can use the lightweights , no problem .

Udo

Airspeed

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 16:24:04 pm »

Thanks for the insight Udo!
K800 and up is indeed HUGE spring pressure which puts it clearly out of the 'anything street' range.

Those lifters are nice tho, as its the only thing that comes close to an old 'Witzemann' set for the wbx/type 4 bore...
Hope they have fixed the radius thing. It would sell...

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
Bruce

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 03:32:11 am »

Anybody out there who have some experience with them Huh  The are light and fits the engine case without bushings  Wink.
Anyone know what they weigh?
RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 10:15:11 am »

RS-Motor writes on their website that they weights 59 grams  Smiley

/Rolf   
Roman

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 19:12:23 pm »

I like the design with the pushrod cup sitting high, just like Schubeck. That shortens the pushrods and minimize the flex.
But if the surface is flat they aren't good anyway.
RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 15:51:16 pm »

I have send Georg at RS-Motor a mail and asked about the missing radius/convex on the face of the lifter.
Let's see what he says about it. Looking forward to see the answer.

/R
RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 12:48:58 pm »

Hi,
I have just recieved a mail from Georg from RS-Motor and he told that the lifters do have a radius on the face of the lifter so there should'nt be any problem running these lifters.  I'll be odering a set soon.

/R

Airspeed

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 13:17:54 pm »

Cool!
Thanks for informing us of the respons Rolf!
Did/will you measure your lifter bores for roundness?

Walter

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: